Brand new 2021 Suburban spoiler scratched and touched up!

I purchased a new 2021 cherry red tintcoat Suburban two weeks ago.

Today, I was washing and waxing it for the first time.  This required standing on a step ladder to access the roof. When I got to the spoiler over the back window, I discovered that it had been damaged and touched up!

I can't be sure if this was done at the factory or at the dealer.  I'm debating how to deal with this.

04.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

This does not seem to be an isolated situation. I have a 2021 Tri coat pearl

white 2021 GMC Denali and the bumper, fromt right fender and hood have been repainted from the factory. They cleared right over the delivery plastic in one section when repaired. The bumper looks similar to your spoiler and painted over a blemish. 

what’s your email I’ll send you pics of mine for comparison. I’d get a GM rep out to your dealership ASAP. 

Beautiful truck!  I suspect this damage was done during transport but you'll never know the cause.  Simply take your truck back to the dealership and I'm confident they'll make the damage disappear. Don't overthink this hiccup.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Donstar said:

Beautiful truck!  I suspect this damage was done during transport but you'll never know the cause.  Simply take your truck back to the dealership and I'm confident they'll make the damage disappear. Don't overthink this hiccup.  

^ This. While it's a PITA, the dealership should make it right given what we pay for these rigs.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, elcamino said:

The factory would have made it right and not shipped it like that.  Someone tried to pull a fast one, the mark of unethical dealer staff covering up their incompetence. 

This or someone from the transport service.  Speak with your deal and hopefully they will make it right without any push back. 

I would have to say transport as well. Numerous cars get damaged during transport and are repainted before sold. Unless your there when it rolls off the transport truck you don’t know if it was ever damaged. It’s hard to see everything when buying. I find a lot when washing. I typically feel all door, fender, hood edges for roughness. Its a sign it was repainted as that will be where they typically tape but nothing is guaranteed. Also feel for overspray on door jams.

Yeah dealer will make good. It’s in a spot that won’t be noticeable for an exact color match like the side of the car.

Nice ride though. Love the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk