2021 Yukon Denali - Service Safety Restraint System

Got a 2 week old 2021 Yukon Denali. Has anyone else experienced the non-stop "Service Safety Restraint System" alert? This goes off about every 2-3 minutes in mine. Taking to dealership this week, but checking to see if anyone has experienced same issue and if their dealership found a fix. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had my Denali 3 weeks.  Same issue.  Took it once, no fix.  Here now, and they said it is a software update that hasn't gotten pushed to them yet.  I've seen on Tahoe forums it was a seat issue with the wiring.  I'm not sure which it is, but thinking I may take it to another dealer if they don't seem to know what it is here.

8 hours ago, Frankdp23 said:

I have had my Denali 3 weeks.  Same issue.  Took it once, no fix.  Here now, and they said it is a software update that hasn't gotten pushed to them yet.  I've seen on Tahoe forums it was a seat issue with the wiring.  I'm not sure which it is, but thinking I may take it to another dealer if they don't seem to know what it is here. There's seemingly been a few different sources of issues. I've also seen one or two that got a software update to fix, another the steering wheel airbag module, and yet the others with the wiring issue in the seat (document number/info is on the tahoe/suburban site that you likely found by now)

2021 Denali. Same problem here. Took to dealership about two weeks ago and was told it was a “coil” (I’m a woman and of course fell for this) but a week later mine has started giving me the same alert. Nonstop. I also have an issue with my buttons on back of steering wheel to change stations. Works sometimes. Doesn’t sometimes. When talking on the phone thru the car - sounds like someone is underwater. 

On 10/22/2020 at 7:16 PM, 2021 denali said:

2021 Denali. Same problem here. Took to dealership about two weeks ago and was told it was a “coil” (I’m a woman and of course fell for this) but a week later mine has started giving me the same alert. Nonstop. I also have an issue with my buttons on back of steering wheel to change stations. Works sometimes. Doesn’t sometimes. When talking on the phone thru the car - sounds like someone is underwater. 

you didn't fall for anything. The SIR Coil/Clock spring has been the cause of some of the error messages you are seeing. There's been two sources of the error, thus far. One is the steering wheel SIR Coil/clockspring and/or the steering wheel airbag module. The other source is the inboard driver seat airbag connector. Is the button issue new?