William21

Question

I bought a 2013 Chevy suburban LTZ 4x4 for the purpose of flat towing it behind my Diesel pusher.  I am unable to do this because I was told by a GM dealer that my transfer case is a one speed transfer case and in order to flat tow a Suburban, Yukon  or pickups the transfer case must be a two speed transfer case other wise the transfer case can not be put into neutral. My question is what would it take to change this Suburban over so it can be flat towed?☹️ 

4 answers to this question

Apparently you have an all wheel drive, not a 4 wheel drive. It would be more cost effective to sell it and buy a 4 wheel drive. Not only does the entire drive train needs to be replaced, but it has to be wired into the BCM.

Good Luck 

Jerry

Back in the day, used to use free-wheeling hubs on the rear wheels to tow the race car to the track.  You would need to use 4 hubs. 

Isn't the single speed transfer case used in the Auto 4 wheel drive vehicles?  Do the single speed transfer cases have some form or oil pump in them?  I just can't imagine why it really makes a difference when flat towing. 

You could also undo the driveshaft from both diffs and tie them up into the chassis.  By removing from the differential you won't have to deal with the shafts moving.  Both differentials will self lubricate when towed.