2003 yukon Denali ground terminals

When the issue first began, i would have a ticking sound in the dash, the lights would come on, but not start. No crank. I was stumped. I bought a New battery and checked the fuses and relays. Finnally, figured out it was a ground wire...now the problem. I dont know where it hooks to the block. Please know that due to financial limitations i must do this myself (i am almost 60 years old) and dont want to have to crawL under the truck more than once. Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge. I appreciate..my dad was a mechanic and i know how hard you work. Any info would be great

received_410507426246907.jpeg

On 10/1/2020 at 5:02 PM, Nancy Fox said:

How long is the ground wire from battery to block. 

The wire is about 2ft, but is goes from the battery to the chassis.  From the battery, down the shroud and radiator, onto the chassis, behind the bumper.  All on the driver side (battery/shroud/radiator/bumper/chassis).  Didn't get on the ground to get the exact location, being over 60 anything I can't get to from the top or on a lift I don't too much bother with.  

Look at the picture of my truck, eyeball a line between the outside of the grill and the inside of the headlights, straight down to the bottom of the chrome bumper.  The wire is connected on the chassis behind the bumper.  

Edited by The Zip

On my 04 Sierra
- from battery to behind the bumper, under the lower radiator cross member - 2.5-3 ft.
- back of the driver side head/block to the upper firewall cross member 1.5-2 ft

I also remember, have to dig out the service manual, ground points on either side of the dash at the A pillar, and another on the ground at the driver B pillar. (Not sure of the rear locations)

Thank you. I have those main 2. The one thats giving me trouble goes from the ground terminal towards the block and down, disapears under mid engine or so looks like it goes towards the front and down into the abis. Need to know how long it needs to be.. Because at almost 60 years old, i dont want to have to get understand the truck more than once and i want to have the wire preped and ready to install. Ty Thank you again. I may just make it long and finished only on one end, can finish the other topside once identified.