2019 RADIO SOFTWARE UPDATE, V808

Noticed there is a 2019 Silverado radio update, V808. Looks like it is only available at dealer via usb, unlike previous over the air updates. Bunch of fixes,

Condition

Some customers may comment on software issues.

A continuous improvement software update is being released with updates made on the following areas:

RearSeatInfotainment(RSI)  HVAC
 Bluetooth
 VoiceRecognition

generalsystemimprovements Most notable improvements include:

• RSIsystem(RPOUWG)frontdisplayscreenwillshowablackscreenand/orapoor distorted image while playing rear video to the front while in Park

• Phonecontactsareunavailableandwillnotretrydownload

• RSIaudiomayintermittentlystopafteranavigationprompt

• AndroidAutoaudiodropsforapproximatelyonesecond

• TheMultifunctionController(MFC)couldchangetheAMfrequencyinthebackground of the Bluetooth audio page

• Thenavigationsystemwilllosethestreetnumberinfiveminuteswhenthedestination was entered using a myBrand app

• WhileCarPlayisinuse,anOnStarAdvisorcallisactive,andauserchangesmany apps then ends the Advisor call, the radio display may go black

Noticed there is a 2019 Silverado radio update, V808. Looks like it is only available at dealer via usb, unlike previous over the air updates. Bunch of fixes,

Condition
Some customers may comment on software issues.
A continuous improvement software update is being released with updates made on the following areas:
• RearSeatInfotainment(RSI) • HVAC
• Bluetooth
• VoiceRecognition
• generalsystemimprovements Most notable improvements include:
  • RSIsystem(RPOUWG)frontdisplayscreenwillshowablackscreenand/orapoor distorted image while playing rear video to the front while in Park
  • Phonecontactsareunavailableandwillnotretrydownload
  • RSIaudiomayintermittentlystopafteranavigationprompt
  • AndroidAutoaudiodropsforapproximatelyonesecond
  • TheMultifunctionController(MFC)couldchangetheAMfrequencyinthebackground of the Bluetooth audio page
  • Thenavigationsystemwilllosethestreetnumberinfiveminuteswhenthedestination was entered using a myBrand app
  • WhileCarPlayisinuse,anOnStarAdvisorcallisactive,andauserchangesmany apps then ends the Advisor call, the radio display may go black

I have a 20 GMC not sure if this is the same update! But I’ve always had issues with Bluetooth even on my previous Silverado. Jus had the issue today Bluetooth won’t connect till after vehicle is restarted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it does not say it is only available via USB, but I have tried several times with my WIFI network and no update and I have not seen anybody report getting an over the air update to V808.

• Thanks 1

I have watched for the the last year and a half, all the complaints for phone connection problems, all contacts not showing up, and screen to bright when in reverse, but in the last few days I have seen no replys concerning V808, supposedly a fix for a lot of these problems. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've brought my Sierra in twice now for the update. The second time I gave the dealer a printed copy of the notice. However, both times after picking up, the radio is still v807. I've given up on the dealer (North County Gmc in Escondido, CA)

Is there any dealer within a 120 miles of San Diego that can perform this update properly? 

Edited by John Wang