SD card reader inside center console took a dump

I was listening to a song on the SD card in the center console on my 2020 Silverado trail boss.  During the song, playback stopped and I could not longer see any music on the card.  Took the card inside and looked on my computer and everything is still there.  Tried another card, same results.... nothing.

Any ideas?

Mine was replaced ... at one point because Id get notifications on the display...

Only thing COULD be to make sure the card isnt "write locked" .. usually with the tab moved in one direction or the other.

Edited by steve841

My problem seems to come and go.  Later this week, the same SD card seemed to start working again.  The console said it was re-indexing all the songs and I was able to play 2 or 3 before the third stopped in mid song and I could see nothing from the SD card again.

Within the first few days I made a copy of that SD card because I figured it would go out sooner or later but for songs I put that on a thumb drive instead to keep them separate. My problem is when it plays it has an intermediate Skip during anything it plays back about once every three seconds it has a spot where it doesn’t play for about a 1/4 a second

Edited by EXSlider400

I usually keep my wireless headphones charging case plugged into the USB outlet in my center console all the time. I got a new pair of wireless headphones about a week ago and when I plug the charger in, with or without the case plugged into the charging cord, I started getting the SD card removed and SD card not functioning messages constantly. Also the radio would randomly crash and restart. It was plugged in for about 30 minutes when I realized it started doing it when I plugged the cord in. I unplugged the charging cord and all my issues went away. Crazy that plugging something into the USB would cause the electronics to go haywire.