Loose Steering

On 10/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, jamco44 said:

Anybody’s 2020 2500 steering feel loose driving on the freeway?

refer to this thread, see if there's similar descriptions of the issues. a number of people, including myself, are experiencing issues with the steering.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/230549-noisy-steering-column/

• 1 year later...

So I know this is an old thread but I too have noticed that my 2021 AT4 has the same issue.  When riding down the freeway I feel that I am always correcting my steering like its loose.  Seems like i am swearing side to side within the lane all the time.  I have no noises or clunking so the link above doesn't relate.  Anyone else have that same issue?

I notice the same issue, highway driving, smooth road, no pull right or left just seems like any corrective action has more of an affect than I want, seems like i'm gently swerving side to side in a lane.  I'm a tech so to me it feels like the caster is on the low side and the toe is not correct.  I don't notice any unusual tire wear.  I intend on complaining on my last free oil change at the dealer to see if they will check the alignment.   My last truck was off from the factory, they reset it and it was noticable but it was a 1500, this 2500 has different components but it still has the variable assist steering technology which may be part of the problem.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:49 PM, MTU Alum said:

Providing the model, tire, engine, and trim level will help providing suggestions.

#iworkforGM

Mine is a 2021 2500HD, SLT 4WD

I have this issue, and I had it in my 2020 1500 as well. I switched out the Rancho's in my Tboss to Bilstein 5100's and my 1500 drove straight as an arrow. I have already replaced the rear rancho's and the fronts will go on next week. I'm hoping for the same results. 

• 4 months later...

Has anyone ever found a fix for this. I also have the same problems as mentioned above on my 2022 2500 gasser. I've have fox 2.0 all around and even added a Steering stabilizer, and still no change on highway. A very reputable shop whom I'm personal friends with has checked the alignment three times and state it's correct. They are putting the blame on the electronic steering assist. They stated that the dealership may have reprogramming tool that could change the input sensitivity of the steering assist, but they do not have access to one.