DOOR CHIMES/TURN SIGNAL SOUND FROM SPEAKER

I upgrade my doors speaker, add a 5 channel amp and a subwoofer to my 2020 Silverado LT.  It sounds awesome... Until I realize the turn signal click is in the sound system.  Its extreme loud when I use my turn signal.  Same thing with my door chimes.  It chimes through my sound system.  Why would Chevy add these sound through the speaker?  Anyone else has this problem with there upgraded system?  How can i remove the chimes and turn signal noise? 

Never mind.  I figured it out.  I set my gain on my front too high.  It boosted the chimes and turn signal volume extremely loud.  For anyone who may run into this problem in the future.  Also, get one of these harness from LLJ Custom.  Makes installation much easier.  You can pay for the loopback harness which is way more expensive or get the basic one for $95.  

Capture.PNG

The door chime and turn signal has been through the speakers since at least 09. I wanted to wrap the flasher in my 09 with foam tape to quiet it down and discovered it was in the speaker. There was a setting in previous trucks that you could turn the chime volume down. I have not looked in these new one though.

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:08 PM, [email protected] said:

Never mind.  I figured it out.  I set my gain on my front too high.  It boosted the chimes and turn signal volume extremely loud.  For anyone who may run into this problem in the future.  Also, get one of these harness from LLJ Custom.  Makes installation much easier.  You can pay for the loopback harness which is way more expensive or get the basic one for $95.  

Capture.PNG

My problem is, if I turn the gain down too much, I basically have zero volume on my front speakers so I'm still at a loss with an extremely loud door chime and turn signal noise! 

Installed my 5 channel amp, all new speakers, sub, and LLJ loop harness a few months ago and have the same issue. It drives me crazy but turning the gain down lowers the speaker volume too much. Hoping someone comes up with a solution.

@bryknicksSo I spent 30 mins this morning working on this and I agree with @kmeleon and there is an exact fine line on setting input gain to the front speakers in order to add some gain WITHOUT creating a deafening door chime and OH, LOUD turn signal 😅. The alpine amp for my door speakers said from the factory to set the gain right in the middle but that blasted the door chime and turn signal. I turned them up only about 3 notches and that gave me the right amount of power to the speakers and keeping the chime and turn signal much closer to factory sound. Hope this helps. 

Edited by DBrach

• 9 months later...

Nothing more than what I posted above. I set alpine amp's gain at about the 3rd notch - powers my door and dash speakers beautifully with zero distortion and the door chime / seatbelt chime sounds about within 5db of the factory setting. I'm satisfied with how it all sounds including the door chime.