1/4 mile - Speed limiter :(

First of all, if it's not a known thing, do NOT brake torque.  Ran several 14.2s and then just stabbed the throttle and pulled 14 flat.  That said, it seems I am hitting the limiter before crossing the line.  Every single pass was 97.50-ish.  Was are those with larger rims (and higher top speeds) getting?

2020-11-08.thumb.jpg.7083efa0050c233a47e83fef78f9e297.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

First of all, if it's not a known thing, do NOT brake torque.  Ran several 14.2s and then just stabbed the throttle and pulled 14 flat.  That said, it seems I am hitting the limiter before crossing the line.  Every single pass was 97.50-ish.  Was are those with larger rims (and higher top speeds) getting?

2020-11-08.thumb.jpg.7083efa0050c233a47e83fef78f9e297.jpg

I ran a 13.61 at 101.8, and 13.67 at 101.3. Mine was quicker brake torquing it.  Ran 13.76 off idle.   Mine tops out at 110 ish.  I think you’re loosing something off the line.  My 60 ft times were 1.93s. 8.70 1/8 mile times. 

Edited by SILVER SLED

1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

I ran a 13.61 at 101.8, and 13.67 at 101.3. Mine was quicker brake torquing it.  Ran 13.76 off idle.   Mine tops out at 110 ish.  I think you’re loosing something off the line.  My 60 ft times were 1.93s. 8.70 1/8 mile times. 

BONE stock?  I know these tires probably aren't exactly the best for racing but those numbers a significant 

39 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

BONE stock?  I know these tires probably aren't exactly the best for racing but those numbers a significant 

Bone stock except for 5lb per tire heavier than stock Hankook tires.  3/4 tank of gas unfortunately also, may have had a 13.5 in it.  I launched at 1800-2000 rpm. There is a race section somewhere on here and someone else ran an 1/8 mile a tad quicker than me.  

Edited by SILVER SLED

20 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Bone stock except for 5lb per tire heavier than stock Hankook tires.  3/4 tank of gas unfortunately also, may have had a 13.5 in it.  I launched at 1800-2000 rpm. There is a race section somewhere on here and someone else ran an 1/8 mile a tad quicker than me.  

Has to be the tires then.  These Duratracs are likely not the most efficient "race" tire ?

What settings are you using electronics wise in addition to brake torqueing to 1800-2k? Traction control off? 4wd hi? Sport mode? Are you at sea level? Those are very fast times. My local track closed last month. So I have to wait till spring to blast down the 1320. My all terrain tires are rated to 112 so hopefully I don’t hit the limiter. 

18 minutes ago, Chevyguy273 said:

What settings are you using electronics wise in addition to brake torqueing to 1800-2k? Traction control off? 4wd hi? Sport mode? Are you at sea level? Those are very fast times. My local track closed last month. So I have to wait till spring to blast down the 1320. My all terrain tires are rated to 112 so hopefully I don’t hit the limiter. 

14 minutes ago, Chevyguy273 said:

You and your truck are really quick. I’ll be happy to go 13.99 or quicker. Dam. I’ll be a year older by the time my local 1320 track opens up next spring. Less hair. Slower reaction time. But hopefully fast truck. 

Lol, fortunately reaction time doesn’t effect et.  I sat at the light a bit making sure I was at the rpm I wanted to be before taking off. I went into thinking the same thing, just hoping it would get into the 13’s.