?'s from a newbie.

Are the 6.0's the only engines experiencing the piston slap? thought this was predominatly a F*#d problem. 2. lift comparison's, a local install shop swears by tuffcountry and their 1piece subframe, but I want new leaf springs and not the blocks for the rear. How do the skyjacker and tuffcountry compare. 3. and final question, for those with the manual tran.case shifter and bucket seats, do you still have a center console? I'm currently waiting for a lemon law settlement on a F*&d and now I want the best. Thanks in advance. Also, in regards to the "E" load rating on the tire. I've read other posts stating that this is due to the addl weight of the truck but most mudders I've seen are rated "D" I assume that the rating is only for times of full payload, is this correct? Thanks again.

1) I believe all Vortech engines have experienced some Cold Start Knock

2) I don't know anything about lifts...

3) I have not seen that specific configuration yet...

4) Load rating on the tires is to handle a fully loaded rig while towing to the Max GCVW. Generally a larger tire in a lower load rating will have a similar capacity. For example, a 265/75/16 "D" is very close to the capacity of a 245/75/16 "E". The big difference would be the stifness of the tire, which could have some effect on towing.

5) Welcome to the forum!!! :devil:

Thanks for the replies. HendyPhoto, all I can say is WOW!!!. You have one hell of a truck. I'm still trying to talk the wife into letting me order the 8.1/allison combo but she's from Europe and doesn't understand the American love with huge trucks that make huge amounts of power and not to mention, they like to drink alot of gas too. I'm trying to convince her that by us living on base and only having a 4 mile commute to my unit that it won't use that much in gas....the illusion of the larger tank. Thanks to all though, has anyone out there seen an automatic w/buckets and the manual shifter for the tran case?

If you want a great one peice lift......Consider the Rancho. Then just get a set of Deaver lift springs to go with it! That would be one helluva set up.

But as stated, pretty much all the lifts are of great quality these days. But I think if your wanting a full lift in the rear with just springs, you will have to order the springs packs seperate. Almost all kits use a block, some are a combo of blocks and add-a-leafs.

Good luck in picking one out. Be careful though. ONce you start modding, its impossible to stop! :devil::devil:

You're right, I'm placing my order this come after receiving a settlement and the mod list just seems to keep on growing. I found out through the dealership that they can get the lift tire/wheels approved as a factory add-on and it should be covered under the 3/36k warranty. I'll be sure to get this in writing first though.

Thanks for the compliment! Good luck on your wife and your toys!! It's hard to have both without complications!! :thumbs::lol: You will be surprised in the ride you will get when you lift it. It actually rides nicer in the front, a little bouncier in the back, but that's why I am always in the front! :D

:devil:

Archived