Can’t lock employee price on HDs

Called my local dealer today, looking to order a 3500HD.

I spec’d out red quartz and selected body color wheel well liners, but was told it’s not available for order even though I was able to pick it on GMs configuration site.

I did see a truck like that at a dealer 400 miles away so I wonder if it’s on constraint?

Also the dealer said they can’t lock in employee price for all on an HD which stinks since there are very few on dealer lots now.

Looks like I may wait to order until spring since other incentives are basically zero now.

Can't help with the incentives. Fortunately,  I can get the employee price through my uncle pretty much anytime.

Anyway, I too wanted the body color wheel moldings on the 2500HD.  My dealer as well said couldn't get right now.  BUT, they were an LPO (dealer installed) option anyway and they would write them up with the purchase and install when they could finally get them.

On 12/21/2020 at 5:27 PM, Hockeylover86 said:

Called my local dealer today, looking to order a 3500HD.

I spec’d out red quartz and selected body color wheel well liners, but was told it’s not available for order even though I was able to pick it on GMs configuration site.

I did see a truck like that at a dealer 400 miles away so I wonder if it’s on constraint?

Also the dealer said they can’t lock in employee price for all on an HD which stinks since there are very few on dealer lots now.

Looks like I may wait to order until spring since other incentives are basically zero now.

Are you sure you were using the 2021 configurator? 

Red Quartz was dropped for 2021 model. 

2021 GMC Sierra/Denali 3500 HD

Deletions

(A52) Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat
     (GJI) Dark Sky Metallic exterior paint
     (GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat exterior paint
     (QT3) Manual tailgate function with lift assist
     (PYR) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) 6-spoke machined aluminum with high gloss Black accents Extended
     (PDT) SLT Premium Plus Package
     (PDW) Texas Edition SLT Premium Plus Package
     (MCY) Single USB Port

New Features

(GB8) Ebony Twilight Metallic exterior paint
     (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat exterior paint
     (GED) Hunter Metallic exterior paint
     (RGE) 1SA Safety Confidence Package
     (PDB) SLT Premium Package
     (PDC) Texas Edition SLT Premium Package
     (PDG) AT4 Premium Plus Package
     (JSE) Denali Black Diamond Edition
     (RFX) X31 Off-Road and Protection Package
     (NHT) Max Trailering Package
     (BKF) Premium front floor liners with removable carpet inserts
     (BKE) Premium rear floor liners with removable carpet inserts
     (DRC) Mirror, inside rearview auto dimming with partial video display
     (UVO) Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in rearview mirror
     (VXW) LPO, AT4 high clearance step
     (BRS) Assist steps, power-retractable, stainless steel accents, includes LED lights
     (DP6) Mirror caps, high gloss Black on AT4
     (PXD) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) machined aluminum wheel with Dark Grey metallic accents
     (RTJ) Wheels, 20" (50.8 cm) high gloss Black painted aluminum
     (RW9) LPO, Bedside Storage, right hand and left
     (5VI) LPO, Tie-Downs, (4)
     (Q7Q) Wheels, 20" Transit wheels for 20" LPO wheels
     (FHS) E85 FlexFuel capable on gasoline engine
     (SKW) LPO, 20" (50.8 cm) multi-dimensional Chrome aluminum wheels
     (SKX) LPO, 20" (50.8 cm) high gloss Black aluminum wheels with machined accents

Changes

(PCQ) SLE Convenience Package no longer includes (QT5) EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate
     (PDY) SLT Preferred Package now includes (UVN) Bed View Camera and (UVS) HD Surround Vision with Two Trailer View Camera Provisions
     (PDO) AT4 Preferred Package now includes (UVN) Bed View Camera and (UVS) HD Surround Vision with Two Trailer View Camera Provisions
     (AE7) Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat with upper covered armrest storage is standard on 1SA
     (U2K) SiriusXM is standard on 3SA and available on 1SA
     (Q7R) 20" wheels with new finish, machined aluminum wheel with bright Silver accents
     (PYU) 20" wheels with new finish, machined aluminum with high gloss Black accents
     (CWM) Technology Package, no longer includes (UVN) Bed View Camera or (UVS) HD Surround Vision
     (BG9) Rubberized-vinyl floor covering is standard on 1SA
     (B30) Color-keyed carpeting is available on 1SA
     (UVN) Bed View Camera is now included in (PDY) SLT Preferred Package and (PDO) AT4 Preferred Package
     (UVS) HD Surround Vision with Two Trailer View Camera Provisions is now included in (PDY) SLT Preferred Package and (PDO) AT4 Preferred Package
     (QK1) Standard tailgate is now available on 3SA
     (QK2) GMC MultiPro Tailgate is now standard on 3SA
     (CMT) Gooseneck / 5th Wheel Package is not available on Denali you now order free flow option (Z6A) Gooseneck / 5th Wheel Prep Package on Denali Trim only
     (ZL6) ProGrade Trailering System no longer includes (U2K) Sirius XM and (QT5) EZ Lift and power lock and release tailgate
     (A50) Bucket seats are not available on 3SA trim
Click on the blue links to change image

I was able to have a truck ordered back in mid November

2500HD Crew/Duramax/Standard box

the dealer said it was a substitution for one they had ordered for their lot (was intended to be a 2500 Crew Gas.)

The dealer and I sat down on 12/16/20 and found that I was able to receive Employee Pricing.   But it was only available on specific models, Like the 2500 Crew/Duramax and Denali for example.

I signed for the truck and we expect it by Mid January.

This is my 5th GMC truck. I have owned Toyotas, Chevy's, Ford's & 1 Dodge before.   There is no comparison.  spacer.png GMC - "MIC-DROP"