Shopping for a new HD truck.

7 hours ago, kenny_r said:

I wouldn’t even care about the worse fuel mileage.....if they’d make a modern 8.1 and Allison I’d buy.

i agree , mine was a 04 and absolutely trouble free for 125k miles. in fact it was the longest i ever kept a truck. 11 years. i was out of touch with the truck market in that time and when i decided to order a 15 i was very disappointed that there was not a big block on the order list. i always bought 454's, and then the 8.1 . everybody whines about the 8.1 mpg but i dont buy a 4wd 2500 with he biggest gas motor i can buy to worry about gas mileage. i love my 20 with the gas motor and will replace it this fall or next spring with another 6.6 gas. a 8 or 10 speed trans would be nice though.

• Like 1

i agree , mine was a 04 and absolutely trouble free for 125k miles. in fact it was the longest i ever kept a truck. 11 years. i was out of touch with the truck market in that time and when i decided to order a 15 i was very disappointed that there was not a big block on the order list. i always bought 454's, and then the 8.1 . everybody whines about the 8.1 mpg but i dont buy a 4wd 2500 with he biggest gas motor i can buy to worry about gas mileage. i love my 20 with the gas motor and will replace it this fall or next spring with another 6.6 gas. a 8 or 10 speed trans would be nice though.

We had an 01 8.1, they put the rings in wrong so a new motor at 30k. We also had an 06 with the 6 speed, that was a sweet truck. I think most would agree the the 6.6 needs 4.10’s or a different trans.