New Purchase 3500HD AT4 or Laramie 3500

My new Denali 2500hd should arrive the first or second week of February. I’m trading in my 2019 ram 2500 limited with 14,000km although i love the interior except the lack of room I’ve had way to may issues with it from electrical to water leaking from the roof speakers, When i ask the service advisor regarding the water leak he said “sorry to tell you they all leak”. In my opinion they are lacking quality and customer service. 

On 1/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, Njmurvin said:

I agree about the room. I'm not tall, but I appreciate the rear leg room in my new truck (especially compared to the smaller quad cab in my old 2004.5 Ram). My neighbor has a 2019 Ram 2500 Mega Cab. It has an elongated cab, but they put the extra space behind the rear seat for storage instead of expanding the leg room. It seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Is this truck small inside for a 6' tall person? I feel great in the GMC AT4 1500. 

Either truck (GM or Ram) would be roomy for a 6' person. But the rear seat room in the GM CC is really spacious. Loads of foot room or space to put stuff with the seats folded up. I do miss my folding flat floor from my Ram though.

4 hours ago, jp687atc said:

Is this truck small inside for a 6' tall person? I feel great in the GMC AT4 1500. 

The RAM Mega Cab is on par with GM and Ford for interior space. Looks different on the outside due to the smaller doors, but the room inside is very similar.

18 hours ago, Njmurvin said:

Either truck (GM or Ram) would be roomy for a 6' person. But the rear seat room in the GM CC is really spacious. Loads of foot room or space to put stuff with the seats folded up. I do miss my folding flat floor from my Ram though.

I do like the options or configurations that the Ram has in the back seat. Would I use it a lot, no but just that its there is useful. Its kind of like the tailgate options that come with the AT4. I don't use it much, but nice to have. 

21 hours ago, Pnoman said:

My new Denali 2500hd should arrive the first or second week of February. I’m trading in my 2019 ram 2500 limited with 14,000km although i love the interior except the lack of room I’ve had way to may issues with it from electrical to water leaking from the roof speakers, When i ask the service advisor regarding the water leak he said “sorry to tell you they all leak”. In my opinion they are lacking quality and customer service. 

Thanks for you input. I got rid of my 2500HD because of electrical issues and roof leaks. Now your saying the Ram has same issues? Maybe its just our luck we are stuck with these issues, lol. 

52 minutes ago, jp687atc said:

Thanks for you input. I got rid of my 2500HD because of electrical issues and roof leaks. Now your saying the Ram has same issues? Maybe its just our luck we are stuck with these issues, lol. 

That sucks, well what can we expect we’re only spending 100K lol!

On 1/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, ShotgunZ71 said:

The RAM Mega Cab is on par with GM and Ford for interior space. Looks different on the outside due to the smaller doors, but the room inside is very similar.

i agree. I sold my mega cab to my brother-in-law and bought the '20 GMC. the actual seating room is bigger in the GMC, but the mega cab back seat reclines and has storage behind it. 

the kids liked the reclining seat and the storage was nice

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, ShotgunZ71 said:

Still has way less legroom up front. The seat doesn’t go back any farther than the crew cab.

I’m 6’5 with not exceptionally long legs, 34” inseam, and my right knee is literally a short leg hair away from touching the dashboard in the Ram. I expect if I got in an accident driving one my right knee would be toast.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 12:12 PM, jp687atc said:

You won’t notice the lack of headroom that I did, I’m 6’5. If your inseam is anywhere close to mine though (34”) you’ll notice the dashboard extends out to almost hit your right knee, even with the seat all the way back.

the difference in interior space is huge, I was shocked.

Edited by Camstyn

Have a 2020 3500A/T4 srw cc long bed. Purchased Dec. 2019 now has 20,000 miles nothing but oil and fuel filter changes so far. My only complaint is the 3.42 axle ratio. I have a 17,000 # 5th wheel toy hauler and with the 10 speed trans it drives and gets up to speed better than my 2017 however while towing at 68mph the trans has to come out of overdrive for any small incline where as the 2017 with 3.73 hardly ever left overdrive unless their was a major incline. As a result I got 10 mpg with the 2017 and 8 mpg with the 2020 while towing. I think it would be perfect for towing if there were a 3.73 option.