HPtuners fan on/off points

ok I got my HPT up and running. stock settings, for fan operation is 210F across the cells on my 5.3 A6 truck.

i have the 175 t-stat. so i'm guessing 190 for fan activation should be a good start.. what do the tuners on here think?

Edited by flyingfool

just curious but what kinda layout are you using for your desired ECT vs coolant temp?

why do the numbers start so high on this table, there is no adjustments below 192F? 

update here..., found i need to upgrade to a 2 bar OS to get more adjustability

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?7621-LS2-Fan-Logic-or-lack-thereof&highlight=LS2 fans

so all we got are 2 cells to adjust, 192 and 210. lol...

Edited by flyingfool

On 12/29/2020 at 1:06 PM, flyingfool said:

ok I got my HPT up and running. stock settings, for fan operation is 210F across the cells on my 5.3 A6 truck.

i have the 175 t-stat. so i'm guessing 190 for fan activation should be a good start.. what do the tuners on here think?

This is what I used:

Screenshot_20190425-132303_Chrome.jpg

Edited by UnlimitedMatt

you use 15 for the first row, I've seen others use 50 for the first row... I will give it a shot.

what have you set the fans for on trans temp activation?

tomorrow is disabling TCC,  shut off 1-4th gears .

• Like 1

I you haven't changed Fuel>Power Enrich>Throttle>Enable Pedal

From the factory it's set to not go into Power Enrichment until 89% throttle.  I would lower that.  I can show you how I have mine if you want.

And same screen under Delay>RPM Factory is 5,000 rpms have to be met before Power Enrichment is added.

So from the factory you have to be above 5,000 rpms and over 89% throttle input before the ECU gives you the extra fuel to go WOT.

• Like 1

Any lower than this can cause a fuel dump situation and creat alot of black smoke on the hit when going WOT.  Or at least it did on my truck.  I'm pretty new to tuning but I feel lke I'm picking it up pretty well.  Ask any question you want.

power.png

Edited by JONBLARC7
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

Any lower than this can cause a fuel dump situation and creat alot of black smoke on the hit when going WOT.  Or at least it did on my truck.  I'm pretty new to tuning but I feel lke I'm picking it up pretty well.  Ask any question you want.

power.png

i'll try it out tomorrow

Read your tune file, it tells you right there what speed you can enable or disable AFM/DoD.

If you don't want it on until 50mph, then put 50mph in the MIN VSS box.

On the PE stuff I change the EQ ratio without a wideband on stuff all the time. Just don't go asking for 13.0 AFR if you can't watch the fueling with a wideband oxygen sensor. Stick to 12.2-12.5 and it will be pretty darn close if closed loop fuel trims are showing good and there is no mechanical issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i found it, got it programmed to 50mph.  I'm not ready to play with the fueling. I want to get the transmission dialed in better, feeling better everytime i tweak it.  this sure beats pulling valve bodies and gov weights ..

• Like 1