DK2 Plow on my 1500

aggPli7.jpg

This fall, I bought a house with a large driveway.  I debated quite a lot about how I would clear snow this winter.  My initial thought was a lawn tractor with a blower.  But, then I was not sure if such a small tractor would be too easily overwhelmed.  So, I started looking at slightly larger garden tractors.  I was considering some Kubota 4x4 units, but the price was high, and the GR series had some issues.  Next, I was thinking, why not spend a little more, and get a subcompact tractor with a bucket on it as well.  I was not eager to spend big money on a tractor, so ultimately decided against that idea.  I considered getting an older plow truck, but I'm not a mechanic, and I did not really want a project. 

Finally, I settled on getting a small, light plow for my 1500.  It's a controversial decision, I know.  I don't intend for the plow to ever leave my driveway.  Will it hold up?  Will it get the job done when the snow gets deep and heavy?  Is the Sierra 1500 up to the task?  Time will tell. 

I just used it for the first time today, and it worked well for clearing 5" of light now.  If anybody is interested, I took a stab at making a YouTube video with my initial impressions. 

No, my channel is not monetized.  The video was in no way sponsored.  I'm not asking you to like, our subscribe.  I usually make RC videos, but though some people might be curious about this plow. 

Edited by rkj__
spelling
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, slide187 said:

Pretty cool!! How quick is that to get on/off the truck? And how much of the mechanism is permanent on the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the mount. You would not want to leave it on for off road use, but I think that is true of almost any plow mount.

wXZpLoR.jpg

Removal is easy. Just the electrical plug and two clips with keeper pins. 

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, rkj__ said:

Here’s the mount. You would not want to leave it on for off road use, but I think that is true of almost any plow mount.

wXZpLoR.jpg

Removal is easy. Just the electrical plug and two clips with keeper pins. 

Hey man, I'm looking at potentially buying this plow for my 16 Denali 1500 as I too have just built a home and with it came a long drive way.. We're in Canada so we get a fair amount of snow lol. However I'm thinking I'm not going to want to take the plow on and off every morning before work to do the driveway, so you're saying you wouldn't drive around town with the plow mounted? I appreciate any info or guidance! 

4 hours ago, Bdeevz said:

Hey man, I'm looking at potentially buying this plow for my 16 Denali 1500 as I too have just built a home and with it came a long drive way.. We're in Canada so we get a fair amount of snow lol. However I'm thinking I'm not going to want to take the plow on and off every morning before work to do the driveway, so you're saying you wouldn't drive around town with the plow mounted? I appreciate any info or guidance! 

I’ve used this plow for two full seasons, and it has not yet left my property. It is removed quite easily, and you don’t need to plow every day. 

If you do want to drive around with it, just use the included safety chain.