Rearview Mirror Camera aiming

So yesterday I picked up my new 21 3500 DRW, it's not the one I had ordered but that's another story told elsewhere.  The one I ended up getting has the rearview mirror camera and I was wondering if anyone has one of these and what they do for hooking up a 5th wheel.  I love the camera for normal driving I just wish it would angle down just a bit farther so I would be able to see the hitch as I am backing up. I don't have a 5th wheel yet but it is the reason why I upgraded to the DRW truck so it is in the near future.  Do you all just turn your head and hook up the old fashioned way or do you have something sticking up as an aimer on the hitch? 

If you're referring to the camera on the mirror that stays on while you drive, it has adjustments on the bottom of the mirror. You have a slight up and down adjustment, a brightness adjustment and I think a zoom in/out.

None of the other cameras have any adjustments.

Edited by gSwift

1 hour ago, gSwift said:

If you're referring to the camera on the mirror that stays on while you drive, it has adjustments on the bottom of the mirror. You have a slight up and down adjustment, a brightness adjustment and I think a zoom in/out.

None of the other cameras have any adjustments.

I know there are adjustments, but they only go down until you can barely see the tailgate.  That is where I keep it normally, I wish it went down from there.

3 hours ago, mkeddie161 said:

That is a totally different camera
There should be a bed view camera as well if u have the camera package

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I don't have the camera package, just a WT with the camera mirror.

I figured that, I was just figuring there are other trucks built like mine and I was wondering what people do to line their hitches up.  Has anyone rigged up some sort of stick on their hitch so you can see the center of the hitch from the camera?  I hate having great technology (this camera is fairly decent in quality) and not be able to use it for simple things you would think it would work for.

One option addition for '21 was moving the bed view camera to the rearview mirror camera instead of the infotainment screen, this is what he is referring to.  In my experience the bed view camera needs improvement when lining up a 5th wheel, it's zoomed out to far and angled wrong.  I just do it the old fashioned way, open the rear sliding window and turn my head around to make the last foot or  so.  I know, it sucks to not be able to use the camera as a convenience but each to his own.  I find the bed view useful to check the cargo in your bed or check the 5th wheel after it's hooked up, but lining up as you back isn't that great IMHO

3 hours ago, Shawn T said:

One option addition for '21 was moving the bed view camera to the rearview mirror camera instead of the infotainment screen, this is what he is referring to.  In my experience the bed view camera needs improvement when lining up a 5th wheel, it's zoomed out to far and angled wrong.  I just do it the old fashioned way, open the rear sliding window and turn my head around to make the last foot or  so.  I know, it sucks to not be able to use the camera as a convenience but each to his own.  I find the bed view useful to check the cargo in your bed or check the 5th wheel after it's hooked up, but lining up as you back isn't that great IMHO

It's not the bed view camera, that is the one I wish I had.  It is the rearview mirror camera which shows just above the tailgate and up.  It is clear and perfect as a rear view mirror. it just doesn't adjust enough to see the fifth wheel hitch or any cargo that would be in the bed.

2 hours ago, Keith_Schumaker said:

It's not the bed view camera, that is the one I wish I had.  It is the rearview mirror camera which shows just above the tailgate and up.  It is clear and perfect as a rear view mirror. it just doesn't adjust enough to see the fifth wheel hitch or any cargo that would be in the bed.

It's not supposed to adjust to see your load/5th wheel, thats not its intended design. If you wanted a bed view camera then you probably should have purchased a truck with the technology package. 

18 hours ago, Keith_Schumaker said:

I understand what you are saying, but that is not the purpose of the rear view camera, you would have sever depth perception issues, it's designed to focus on a certain distance and field of view.  It would totally defeat the purpose.  I have both cameras, and while not perfect the bed view camera is dual purpose, use to view the contents of your bed and guide yourself to your 5th wheel.  I was under the impression you had both, I misunderstood.  With both, you can you can look between the infotainment screen and mirror as you are backing up.  And also, I know for 2021 they moved the bed view display to the rearview camera mirror instead of the infotainment screen, not sure if you can move it back down.  This would seem to be a less useful tool, as you can only have 1 or the other view at any given time.  As gSwift mentioned you need the technology package, it is specifically designed for these exact issues.