OTA Update Failed

MTY55

Has anyone else had trouble installing the OTA update. Downloaded it today. started the install,  followed the instructions. Gear shift in park: green check. Ignition off: green check. It started installation then after about 2 minutes the screen lit up with a red X and an installation failed notice. I went back to the update section, it read out no update available. I'll try a search tomorrow hopefully it will be available again. 

My update went fine, but my truck is connected to the WiFi router.

Internet is 600mb per second.

It would not work at my cabin where I have cellular router at 20mb per second.

7 hours ago, gregus73 said:

My update went fine, but my truck is connected to the WiFi router.

Internet is 600mb per second.

It would not work at my cabin where I have cellular router at 20mb per second.

Mine was hooked to my WIFI also. It downloaded fine . It failed during the installation.

Well started the truck this morning and the install screen popped up again. This morning it updated with out a problem. All is good . Now I hope my XM radio quits crapping out on me when it feels like it.

• 1 year later...

GM fried my radio with OTA update! This problem is known to GM yet it continues.   Radio was fine one day and the next morning completely inoperable including On star. Can't use car play or any function tied to the radio.  GM has no ETA on replacement radio.  I've been waiting for a month now.  I'm an angry GM owner and may never buy another.  I've only had this 2021 GMC Sierra 6 months.