2020 Trail Boss sun visor swap - trying to get lights!

Gents - Newbie here to the forum scene ...

I saw a thread about someone asking if anyone had done any kind of swap or mod for the sun visors to get lights as my TB does not have visor lights. I’d rather try to swap the visors for the HC visors, which have lights, rather than do some mod or something shitty. 
  I popped off the drivers side visor, but no wire was there. Could it be above the headliner somewhere?  I’m thinking it’s gotta be, but curious if anyone else found it, by chance?

I swapped my rear view mirror for the auto-dimming one, which was easy, thanks to the thread on this forum about how to do it, so I’m hoping to find the same information for the sun visors. 
  If there has already been a discussion / solution to this, & if someone doesn’t mind, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have a 2020 Silverado LT crew cab. I’d like to replace the current standard sun visor with one that has vanity lights. I’m wondering if there is an existing power source to just plug and play with an upgraded visor with vanity lights. 

• 6 months later...

Not hard. 
2021 Trailboss. 
When doing the suggested rear view mirror replacement, might as well do this at the same time. 
There is no prewire..but super easy to fish some 18 gauge speaker wire or ???? over to the center overhead console  (that you have down already when doing the mirror) from each side. 
Cut the connectors off each visor, make nice shrink wrapped connections to the above wires on each side. 
Then at that center console is a connector for the sunroof, you can tap or use female spades if you have no sunroof. 
Easy peasy. 
The vanity lights are LEDs, so polarization is important. Red + Black -

Visor part numbers..yes they match all the Trailboss headliners:

84637521 Sunshade Sun Visor RH Dark Gray Lighted 2019-20 Silverado Sierra 1500

84637498 Sunshade Sun Visor LH Dark Ash Gray Lighted 19-20 Silverado Sierra 1500

On 2/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, Deanojr said:

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have a 2020 Silverado LT crew cab. I’d like to replace the current standard sun visor with one that has vanity lights. I’m wondering if there is an existing power source to just plug and play with an upgraded visor with vanity lights. 

There is a different wiring harness from the factory.  If you chose to go this route you'd have to drop the entire headliner.  Otherwise, try splicing in like one of the posts above describes. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:22 AM, Trailbossboss said:

Not hard. 
2021 Trailboss. 
When doing the suggested rear view mirror replacement, might as well do this at the same time. 
There is no prewire..but super easy to fish some 18 gauge speaker wire or ???? over to the center overhead console  (that you have down already when doing the mirror) from each side. 
Cut the connectors off each visor, make nice shrink wrapped connections to the above wires on each side. 
Then at that center console is a connector for the sunroof, you can tap or use female spades if you have no sunroof. 
Easy peasy. 

84637498 Sunshade Sun Visor LH Dark Ash Gray Lighted 19-20 Silverado Sierra 1500

Is the switch already in the visor? Yes there is constant 12V in the overhead console, but how would u turn it off? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 3:22 AM, Trailbossboss said:

Not hard. 
2021 Trailboss. 
Easy peasy. 

I wonder if 84711898 or 84711896 would work for a factory wiring solution rather than tapping connections?

• 1 month later...