Wireless CarPlay from White Automotive & Media Services

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Brian Glennon said:

@GTPprix

Received mine Mid Jan for my 2020, love it thanks!

This morning I got notice of an update. Just wanted to be sure it was safe to perform before doing so. I know the upgrade is “OEM” but not “OEM.” Better safe than sorry!

Yup! Assuming its the Onstar I think release 4.24? 

8 hours ago, mijibage said:

I received mine in about 10 days and installed it in about 2 hours. I am not a patient person, but was able to get it in without breaking anything lol. Anyway, what is everyone doing with their "old" units?

They are married to your truck so you can not sell them on ebay.

19 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

Is there by chance any videos showing the swap for a 2019?

I want wireless CarPlay so damn bad but want to make sure I don’t lose anything. 

2019 High Country

360 cameras 

HUD 

Bose

XM

Onstar remote access 

No videos that I'm aware of but we do provide detailed instructions on the site you can take a look at. We are currently working through an issue with 2019's with 360 cams so would advise you not to order until we post the all clear here. 2019 with normal camera works as described on the site. 

• Thanks 1

Update for those with IOS / NON BOSE

I tried two additional modules and they figured it out. Received it back last week, installed immediately, works flawlessly. Wireless connection is very good and very fast. Nav add on works just like it should. Truck shows nav directions in gauge cluster screen. No issues with speakers, no compromises, no complaints. 

WAMS is A1.  Well worth the money. Excellent customer service. 

I have the probably unique experience of having done this install three or four times now. It can be done in less than 30 minutes. It can also take two hours like my first one did if you struggle to understand how the connectors are removed. I suggest you use a 12 inch flexible bit holder on a drill to remove the inverter housing. And I suggest you move all harnesses out of the way. They easiest way to understand the connectors is that you need to use a pick to grab the red sliding tab and pull it down in order to unlock the connector you will feel it click once this is done you can use a pick or your fingers to find the push prong that will release the connector just like all connectors have always been. These connectors just have an additional lock that prevents the connector from coming off once it’s in place

Edited by Trevor Hopkins
  • Like 1