Stock Turbo comparabilities?

Hey all,  still new ish to the truck world. I have a 2017 5.3. I was just wondering if there are any factory turbos (or super chargers) that are compatible with my truck. I’ve seen the aftermarket ones online producing more hp bit also costing about $7k plus install. Just trying to explore my options...

Hey all,  still new ish to the truck world. I have a 2017 5.3. I was just wondering if there are any factory turbos (or super chargers) that are compatible with my truck. I’ve seen the aftermarket ones online producing more hp bit also costing about $7k plus install. Just trying to explore my options...[ 

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GM-Truck-SUV-Procharger-5-3L-6-2L-P-1SC-1-Supercharger-HO-Tuner-Kit-14-17-/281712546703?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

That looks much more reasonable. I noticed that’s up to 2013. Is there one that would work for my truck from the same company? And any idea how much to install it? I really appreciate any feedback. 

thx

Toyota used to have dealer installed factory backed supercharger with warranty. One of the fastest trucks to boot. A little known fact. More surprisingly I never had one. I somehow missed that one. I only found out by looking up fastest production trucks. Maybe they still do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing factory out there, they never made a supercharged truck.

If you did a "different" factory supercharger you would be stealing parts from the 2014+ Corvettes to make their supercharger system work on your truck. It's been done many times but it's way for involved than any other aftermarket kit that is bolt on and go.

Supercharger kits are either going to be from places like ProCharger, Magnuson or Edelbrock.

Turbo kits are going to be mostly custom, they may sell the hot pipes, turbo and intercooler but finding everything else is on you. Like blow off valves, boost controllers, tuning software etc etc etc.

Ok, I kind of understand. And ya, that pro charger is $6K. It looks awesome but is a little more than I’d like to spend right now. Corvette supercharger eh...that sounds interesting. Is there a good set up that would add significant power that costs a bit less? Maybe something that is common? I need a good performance shop 

A camshaft swap with headers should be far less than $6,000. Doing that with a good tune should gain you ~40-50hp.

But if you can't do your own labor it may not save you anything.

Edited by CamGTP

3 hours ago, meirikm said:

Ok, I kind of understand. And ya, that pro charger is $6K. It looks awesome but is a little more than I’d like to spend right now. Corvette supercharger eh...that sounds interesting. Is there a good set up that would add significant power that costs a bit less? Maybe something that is common? I need a good performance shop 

$10,000 to have a shop do it correctly , truck will be well tuned, and reliable and clean install.  

hiillbilly tuner shop probably get you going for $5500 with a single turbo..