2021 Silverado 6.2 with Magnaflow

KW 5226

This is for all you Chevy owners who bought a 20 or 21 Silverado with a 6.2.  I have done some major experimenting on 2021 Silverado Trail Boss with the 6.2 starting with a 14" Magnaflow and flapper delete (came with only one).  It was obnoxiously loud and had a terrible drone at highway speeds.  I then put a 18" Magnaflow with the flapper back on and it was much better but still had a noticeable annoying drone at highway speeds.  I finally installed a 22" Magnaflow (part #12589) without the flapper and it has a perfect tone and most importantly no drone at highway speeds.  It sounds awesome at WOT!  ***Total cost for all parts/labor at a reputable muffler shop near me was $495 which includes me keeping the 18" Magnaflow.  Still significantly cheaper than any of the cat-back exhaust systems on the market.  Hope this information is helpful!

1 hour ago, rico750sxi said:

PureZ71, I installed a Gibson catback on mine, I’ve always loved the way Gibson’s sound. Price was very comparable to to what KW did but I installed myself. 

I agree. I had a Gibson on my 2018 Sierra 6.2L. Sounded really good, nice deep tone and I bought it for $470 from AutoAnything. Full cat back exhaust and no hacking up stock one. And yes, installed it all myself.  

• 4 months later...

I use the magnaflow on my 6.2 And love it. I used gibson first and sounded nothing like the magnaflow american thunder series. I got mine early last year and they don't make it anymore. They have black tips. Not a lot of drone on the highway. Not sure what the street series sounds like compared to mine. I also installed it myself. Took the restrictive flapper off.

back.jpg

truck.jpg