ordered it

Well, I ordered it.  I am trading my 2019 Sierra HD for a 2021.  I always order them up exactly the same but this one .. due to unavailability of parts???  is going to be short on some things.  I could have upgraded to the SLT but I am trying to get this one actually paid for, so . .went SLE again.  I was given a pretty long list of the things i WON"T be getting on this truck because of some chip they can't get??  But, really, all but two of those options must be new to 2021 as I don't have them on my 19 anyway.  So . .while I feel like a massive purchase like this SHOULD have all of those things .. I can't really miss what I've never had, right??  The 2 things I WILL miss--sirius XM radio, and the power sliding rear window.  Love them.  APparently can't have them.   Although, if I went with the SLT sounds like I could--which makes not a lot of sense to me.  If they can still do it with the higher end truck, why doesn't GM reconfigure things so that the other trucks get those options?  Why is it always these stupid packages?  I almost didn't order but . .. other factors involved.  Anyway--also just noticed that the bucket seats aren't an option anymore for the SLE---seriously, GM???  Geez.  I always get the buckets.  Oh, well.

I ordered white again and since I have dogs and black interiors just suck for hair . .I went with the walnut/slate interior.  Man, I hope it's not ugly.  Haven't seen it in person, but  . .brown?  hmmmmm

Still no power folding mirrors, either, at least not on this truck.  Seriously.  for 70 grand??  GM is way behind.

Maybe they'll magically get whatever it is they need to build it the way I wanted it . .but sounds like we're looking at something like 2022 before they do. If I didn't agree to it this way, it was not likely to be built. Has anyone else run into this? 

Oh, and, does anyone know if it's taller?  I never asked but I heard it's 4 inches longer . .I hope it's not any taller, lol.

9 hours ago, crazydog said:

Well, I ordered it.  I am trading my 2019 Sierra HD for a 2021.  I always order them up exactly the same but this one .. due to unavailability of parts???  is going to be short on some things.  I could have upgraded to the SLT but I am trying to get this one actually paid for, so . .went SLE again.  I was given a pretty long list of the things i WON"T be getting on this truck because of some chip they can't get??  But, really, all but two of those options must be new to 2021 as I don't have them on my 19 anyway.  So . .while I feel like a massive purchase like this SHOULD have all of those things .. I can't really miss what I've never had, right??  The 2 things I WILL miss--sirius XM radio, and the power sliding rear window.  Love them.  APparently can't have them.   Although, if I went with the SLT sounds like I could--which makes not a lot of sense to me.  If they can still do it with the higher end truck, why doesn't GM reconfigure things so that the other trucks get those options?  Why is it always these stupid packages?  I almost didn't order but . .. other factors involved.  Anyway--also just noticed that the bucket seats aren't an option anymore for the SLE---seriously, GM???  Geez.  I always get the buckets.  Oh, well.

I ordered white again and since I have dogs and black interiors just suck for hair . .I went with the walnut/slate interior.  Man, I hope it's not ugly.  Haven't seen it in person, but  . .brown?  hmmmmm

Still no power folding mirrors, either, at least not on this truck.  Seriously.  for 70 grand??  GM is way behind.

Maybe they'll magically get whatever it is they need to build it the way I wanted it . .but sounds like we're looking at something like 2022 before they do. If I didn't agree to it this way, it was not likely to be built. Has anyone else run into this? 

Oh, and, does anyone know if it's taller?  I never asked but I heard it's 4 inches longer . .I hope it's not any taller, lol.

I ordered mine 10 days ago, still waiting to hear if my dealer got an allocation and if the order has been accepted by GM. I cancelled a 1500 order that I made 10/30/20 that still had not been accepted and switched to a 3500 since we decided to get a Lance Truck Camper now(had too orde that too) so good luck I hope your order goes smoothly!

What couldn't you get for the missing chip?

I'm running into the same issue with ordering an LT with leather package. The leather package is unavailable for order since it requires the Convenience II package which seems to have all of the same features as the GMC SLE Preferred Package, which judging by the options you listed is the package that you weren't able to order (although it allows you build it that way online and the order guides don't say it's not available). In either case, do you know anymore about this chip that they can't get and if its truly something that won't be fixed prior to 2022? From what the order guides say, the issue seems to be with the Advanced Trailering/ Pro-grade Trailering systems. The reality is that I could honestly care less about the features of the trailering system or the convenience II package but GM requires them to get leather seats in the LT. It looks like I may need to order a base LTZ/SLT if I want leather seats and to not pay $10k more.

Speaking from direct experience in another industry about this global chip shortage... it's impacting everything, PCs, phones, consumer electronics, automotive, everything.  I think it will be mid-summer before chip supply normalizes.  Then another month or so for tier 1-2 suppliers to build top level components/assemblies and ship to vehicle manufacturers.

I too started with an SLE, but couldn’t get everything I wanted so bumped up to and SLT. Price difference was about 3k before rebates +TTL. Just couldn’t say no to a 8300$ discount off MSRP of 71650 + rebates at time of delivery (if it ever gets here) :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious how you got to the $8300 discount? Straight dealer discount or some GM discount program? Thanks.

I qualify for GM Supplier Pricing, but no haggling involved to get there. 71650 MSRP with sale price 63000.46 + TTL (actually was 8600~$, had to look again). I even asked twice after signing a few days later to confirm it was based on GM Supplier pricing as I was concerned it was some other program they did on accident, but they said it was. It is my local dealer in WI. They were right on point with Laura Buick GMC pricing and did good by me with my trade value as well, even though we haggled on that a little to get them up another $1,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I too qualify for Supplier Pricing but I have been seeing discounts before rebates around $4-5K for the trucks I'm looking at with a gas engine and an MSRP around $60000-$64000. I'm guessing the big driver is the difference in MSRP and maybe a diesel engine? I did find one with a $7k discount before rebates but it ended up being sold, and if I try to build the exact truck, the discount is still in the $4-5K range. Congrats to you on the deal you were able to find.

mine will be missing:  power slide rear window :(, XM radio :(, power outletbox/cab, USB port back seat, hitch guidance, in vehicle trailer app, HD radio, rear seat storage pockets, no HD back up cam, garage door openers

When stepping up to the SLT, which my dealer gave me a really good deal to do, I'd only gain, somehow, XM radio and then stuff I totally don't need like leather, I think, and seat memory and such.  Totally not worth paying more for. If i had gotten the stuff I'm missing--absolutely, lol.  But that isn't going to happen because of that stupid chip.

The only things on that list that I want/have always had:  the power rear window and the XM.  I guess I can live without. 

2021 2500 4wd crew stb box overall height - 79.82 (2027)

2019 2500 4wd crew std box overall height - 78.23 (1987) 

I'm not sure how the step-in height compare.  

The 2021 1500 4wd crew std box overall height -  75.4 (1915)

Edited by redwngr