Radio won’t turn off!!

nick242

21 minutes ago, nick242 said:

When it finally did the update was the truck connected to wifi at home or was it able to update via cellular on its own? Maybe if I let it run for a period of time it might update. 

It was OTA, i don't have my truck connected to my home wifi, or have any sort of data play with onstar.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, RadoPhan said:

When I looked for an update it didn’t have anything available so I’m assuming mine is updated before all of this happened. Mine is a 2020. What is the current software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.gm-trucks.com/gm-releases-significant-over-the-air-update-for-2020-silverado-sierra-other-vehicles/

41 minutes ago, nichos said:

I will see what mine is when I have a few mins around lunchtime. I haven’t checked the truck at all this morning so it could be dead out there.  Quick look at the link, states 2020 trucks and other vehicles. Mine is a 2019, wondering if it even applies. 

Edited by nick242
Add more text

Mine did this 2 days before the first update came out and stopped after the update.

This past Thursday I got another update when I shut down the truck in my driveway. I had not been having any issues prior to this latest update.

Both updates came unprompted when I shut off the truck took and both took 10-15 minutes.  I have no clue how this all works but glad it does !

2 hours ago, Enough said:

Mine did this 2 days before the first update came out and stopped after the update.

This past Thursday I got another update when I shut down the truck in my driveway. I had not been having any issues prior to this latest update.

Both updates came unprompted when I shut off the truck took and both took 10-15 minutes.  I have no clue how this all works but glad it does !

I’m hoping mine will sort itself out on its own like yours did. Is yours a 2019 or 2020? I checked mine again and sometimes the Updates button is greyed out. When greyed out it says “Vehicle conditions are not ideal at this time...” and when it’s not greyed out it says “No updates available, last checked 1/31/2021 at 1:21pm”. Pretty misleading as to whether or not my 2019 is getting an update or not. 

Had the same issue with what I'm assuming was a bad download, radio stayed on and door locks were acting weird so I did a battery disconnection and the problem went away for a few days and returned ,as quickly as it returned it disappeared and have had no issues since. Have been told by those in the know that gm's issues with the head unit go back to 17 on some models and they have been waiting over 2 years for a resolution to the problems. I'm going to the dealer to get a hard connect update done, I have no confidence in GM's over the air update system.

24 minutes ago, 3.0 said:

Had the same issue with what I'm assuming was a bad download, radio stayed on and door locks were acting weird so I did a battery disconnection and the problem went away for a few days and returned ,as quickly as it returned it disappeared and have had no issues since. Have been told by those in the know that gm's issues with the head unit go back to 17 on some models and they have been waiting over 2 years for a resolution to the problems. I'm going to the dealer to get a hard connect update done, I have no confidence in GM's over the air update system.

I think you are right. Best bet is for a hard wired connection update. I’m going to call the dealer tomorrow morning and get it in. 

7 hours ago, nick242 said:

I’m hoping mine will sort itself out on its own like yours did. Is yours a 2019 or 2020? I checked mine again and sometimes the Updates button is greyed out. When greyed out it says “Vehicle conditions are not ideal at this time...” and when it’s not greyed out it says “No updates available, last checked 1/31/2021 at 1:21pm”. Pretty misleading as to whether or not my 2019 is getting an update or not. 

The first update downloaded in the parking lot at work. This latest one downloaded in my driveway.

My truck is a 2020 LT made in Mexico.

Maybe the updates are in Spanish ?

The truck is at the dealer today. Dropped it off first thing and hope they figure it out before days end. I will provide and update later...hopefully. 

Thanks everyone for the input so far. 

Picked up the truck. It required an update and it wouldn’t install unless hard wired to their computer. Attached a pic of the update info. Hope this might help others having the same issue. Cheers 

B096130D-9F8E-4D13-A85A-FFE95B4F0CCD.jpeg

Mine doesn’t have the new update and when checking it doesn’t show. Not too worried since the radio staying on only happened once and disconnecting the battery seemed to work for now. Here’s a my info

bf78e2c885a5dce368c1c99b6841761a.jpg
6855732661390630f1e311770b4b8728.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has started doing this as well. I haven't had an update since I bought the truck. Still on 509. The Check for Updates keeps telling me there are none. The dealer keeps telling me there are none for my truck. But it seems odd it just started doing this a few weeks ago.

• 3 months later...

You have to have chevy update for this issue. Mine was even worse. My truck power would not shut off. And a few times the engine wouldn't shut off. But i hit the engine start button on the remote and the engine would shut off. That happened about 15 times before i took it to chevy. Btw i have had my truck at chevy 7 times because of this issue until it was fixed. This was early last year. Hasn't happened since. 

truck.jpg