Radio won’t turn off!!

nick242

Hey guys. So my 2019 GMC Sierra Elevation has a new issue. When I shut her down and open the door the radio continues to play. I have to hit the power button for the radio/screen to shut down. If I return to the truck and hit the power button the radio turns on without turning it to accessory. I thought it might be that it needs an update. Well it’s connected to wifi at the house and it says no update or when I cycle on and off a couple times that now is not a good time...what is going on here. I’m expecting a dead truck in the next couple mornings to come. Also it’s very cold here. Any ideas? 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Leopardtech said:

I have the exact same issue, started this week. It does shut off about a minute after I get out and lock the truck. 

Mine won’t. I can go back in after an hour or longer and turn it back on by hitting power. Why all of a sudden are these trucks doing this? 

18 minutes ago, Dunn said:

mine did this a few times last week....i have 2500 but still same electronics i am sure, with all technology comes glitches i believe

Does yours still do it? I have a feeling that many others are going to be experiencing this in the near future. Maybe the truck needs a vaccine. 

Edited by nick242

I checked it again sitting out there for several hours. I can unlock it and hit power and viola radio turns on. Also notice that when I hit power again to “turn off” the screen in between the tach and speedometer goes black but still is on. 

Check to see if there is a update for your truck you can do yourself 

Should be a open software update they sent out which you can check thru settings on your truck 

which when they send it out the radio will stay on even if you open the driver side front door 

seen it many times should take 10-15 minutes if there is a open software update 

13 minutes ago, Fubar12 said:

Check to see if there is a update for your truck you can do yourself 

Should be a open software update they sent out which you can check thru settings on your truck 

which when they send it out the radio will stay on even if you open the driver side front door 

seen it many times should take 10-15 minutes if there is a open software update 

I have checked a bunch of times and it says no update available or the update button is greyed out. When greyed out it says now is not a good time etc, put in park and try again. Oh I’ve tried again and diddly squat...terrible feeling over here. I won’t be surprised when I try to start tomorrow or the next and it won’t. Hoping someone has the fix or knows why it’s doing this. 

Mine did this for the first time this week. I had gotten notice of the update the same day. I wonder if it was staying on to prompt me for the notice, but won't if the truck is off.

It's only been a few days, but I haven't had it happen since I did the update. Might have been coincidence too.

9 hours ago, nichos said:

Mine did this for the first time this week. I had gotten notice of the update the same day. I wonder if it was staying on to prompt me for the notice, but won't if the truck is off.

It's only been a few days, but I haven't had it happen since I did the update. Might have been coincidence too.

When it finally did the update was the truck connected to wifi at home or was it able to update via cellular on its own? Maybe if I let it run for a period of time it might update. 

6 hours ago, RadoPhan said:

This happened to me once but I just cycled the battery power by leaving the negative terminal unplugged for about 5 minutes and it hasn’t happened again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might try this today if it won’t update. Does your truck have the update? What year is yours? 

I might try this today if it won’t update. Does your truck have the update? What year is yours? 

When I looked for an update it didn’t have anything available so I’m assuming mine is updated before all of this happened. Mine is a 2020. What is the current software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk