Loose rear view mirror

Has anybody found a way to tighten up the rear view camera mirror in these trucks? If i switch mine from mirror to camera mode it moves a bunch and then i have to readjust its positioning every time. It also shakes whenever the music is playing.

19 minutes ago, Brendan Leep said:

Has anybody found a way to tighten up the rear view camera mirror in these trucks? If i switch mine from mirror to camera mode it moves a bunch and then i have to readjust its positioning every time. It also shakes whenever the music is playing.

Mine doesn't wiggle/move around.

I've had this truck for about 3 months.  I hadn't used the camera mirror. 

Quite by coincidence when I was out yesterday I remembered about it and gave it a try.  

All 3 settings were not to my liking, but especially the the camera up/down and the zoom. (at first I was gonna adjust the position of the mirror, but then recalled the camera adjustments)

I'll give it a longer try,  but so far not not sure if I'll switch to usually running the camera or stick with the 'normal' mirror. 

I know there’s a way, but how, not sure. After the dealer dropped my headliner to fix the window leak, my mirror was extremely loose when they gave it back. I took it back and now it’s tight.

Probably something that can be done DIY. I had all that plastic around the mirror off when I installed my radar detector, it comes apart easy.

Use a trim tool to remove the plastic center trim piece that surrounds the mirror.  There is a torx screw that can be tightened.  When the dealer did my headliner they did not tighten the mirror all the way.  The tech came outside and 5 minutes latter it was done.

1 hour ago, inkman101 said:

Use a trim tool to remove the plastic center trim piece that surrounds the mirror.  There is a torx screw that can be tightened.  When the dealer did my headliner they did not tighten the mirror all the way.  The tech came outside and 5 minutes latter it was done.

Awesome. I’ll check that out too. Thanks!