New Trail Boss

steig

Just got Trail Boss on Monday, so not alot of driving time so far.
Initial impressions: Trail Boss drives much better than ZR2. Interior on Trail Boss much nicer and much more room than ZR2. Seats in Trail Boss are much more comfortable than ZR2. 
Gas mileage of trail boss so far has about 1 mpg better than ZR2.
Both trucks look good on exterior. ZR2 does have locking rear and front diff, which is helpful for extreme off-roading. 
Trail boss has power sliding rear window, ZR2 has manual sliding window which was a pain while driving.
One disappointment on Trail Boss is the lack of auto-dimming mirror, I am already looking into adding one. I found connector inside of overhead console. Just for a truck that listed over 59k, it should have auto-dimming mirror. For me that is a necessity. Thanks to this forum for giving advice on adding one. 

10 speed Transmission huge difference over 8 speed transmission. 

I’d like to learn about adding the auto-dimming mirror as well. Can you link any threads you’ve found already.

Did your truck come with 20” or 18” rims? My 6.2 has 18” and they had a 5.3 that had 20”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Scott Killman said:

I’d like to learn about adding the auto-dimming mirror as well. Can you link any threads you’ve found already.

Did your truck come with 20” or 18” rims? My 6.2 has 18” and they had a 5.3 that had 20”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has the 18" wheels. I prefer the 18".   As for the auto dimming mirror, I have one ordered. I have everything prepared and ready for mirror.  Very easy to do, remove overhead console (4screws).  Find the connector / plug that is not plugged in. It will be glued to roof area. 

Plug in the new mirror and install. Plastic cover around mirror has to removed to install mirror. 

On 2/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, TNTSilverado said:

Actually it does say right on the paperwork that you signed when you bought the truck. It breaks down what the cost of the Trailboss and your trade in for the ZR2. 
Beautiful color and truck too

Would not be a fair price to share since trade was negotiated in deal. I did get 4250 rebate and 1000 GM card bonus.

Edited by steig