Exhaust system

Fubar12

My 6.2 Silverado is being built and I am looking for a upgraded exhaust system. I am a  huge fan of Corsa however they do not have a exhaust for the new silverado's with tips and I am looking into a Bora exhaust ATAK Part # 140784. Anyone have any experience with this system? I have watched a few youtube videos on how it sounds. It sounds great on video but have yet to see someone in person with this exhaust system 

Thanks 

39 minutes ago, Fubar12 said:

My 6.2 Silverado is being built and I am looking for a upgraded exhaust system. I am a  huge fan of Corsa however they do not have a exhaust for the new silverado's with tips and I am looking into a Bora exhaust ATAK Part # 140784. Anyone have any experience with this system? I have watched a few youtube videos on how it sounds. It sounds great on video but have yet to see someone in person with this exhaust system 

Thanks 

I have that exact exhaust on my 2020 Denali 6.2L

I love the ATAK! its exactly what I was looking for. installation was pretty easy. the hardest part was getting the stock tips off the rear bumper but even that wasn't too bad. if you have a long wheel base truck you'll need the extension Borla PN 60706.

the tone of this exhaust is absolutely perfect for me. its a tad loud on cold start but it quiets down very quickly and has just the right balance of sound and comfort. I've got no drone at all that I can hear and I heard no change in exhaust note at all as a result of DFM. You can hear the exhaust all of the time but its quite mellow at idle and cruise, aggressive under heavy acceleration but still not deafening. and of course it has such a nice tone to it. the only thing I can't comment on yet is if it starts to drone when towing as that's usually the worst scenario for it. I haven't had my trailer hooked up since I did the install. one thing however, if that does become an issue, is Borla actually makes it possible to replace one piece of the system with a $200 S-type muffler to effectively turn your ATAK into an S-Type to quiet it down some should it become too loud. I really like that I've always got that to fall back on should I find any case where it does start to drone, however so far, not the slightest issue.

Did you see my video of it on youtube? I went through the install and did a few sound clips captured by good quality external microphones. if you hear sound clips recorded on a smartphone or even a video camera's internal mic they never really reproduce the sound well enough, the preamps aren't high quality! not saying mine is perfect, but it does a pretty good job vs what my ears hear.

I'm planning to do a follow up video with a bunch more sound and video clips, just impressions after a few months with the exhaust, but that will have to wait until winter ends.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you'd have about it. if I had to make the decision again, 100% I'd pick the same exhaust a second time.

• Like 1

I have that exact exhaust on my 2020 Denali 6.2L
I love the ATAK! its exactly what I was looking for. installation was pretty easy. the hardest part was getting the stock tips off the rear bumper but even that wasn't too bad. if you have a long wheel base truck you'll need the extension Borla PN 60706.
the tone of this exhaust is absolutely perfect for me. its a tad loud on cold start but it quiets down very quickly and has just the right balance of sound and comfort. I've got no drone at all that I can hear and I heard no change in exhaust note at all as a result of DFM. You can hear the exhaust all of the time but its quite mellow at idle and cruise, aggressive under heavy acceleration but still not deafening. and of course it has such a nice tone to it. the only thing I can't comment on yet is if it starts to drone when towing as that's usually the worst scenario for it. I haven't had my trailer hooked up since I did the install. one thing however, if that does become an issue, is Borla actually makes it possible to replace one piece of the system with a $200 S-type muffler to effectively turn your ATAK into an S-Type to quiet it down some should it become too loud. I really like that I've always got that to fall back on should I find any case where it does start to drone, however so far, not the slightest issue.
Did you see my video of it on youtube? I went through the install and did a few sound clips captured by good quality external microphones. if you hear sound clips recorded on a smartphone or even a video camera's internal mic they never really reproduce the sound well enough, the preamps aren't high quality! not saying mine is perfect, but it does a pretty good job vs what my ears hear.
I'm planning to do a follow up video with a bunch more sound and video clips, just impressions after a few months with the exhaust, but that will have to wait until winter ends.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you'd have about it. if I had to make the decision again, 100% I'd pick the same exhaust a second time.

Can you attach the YouTube link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/18/2021 at 4:42 PM, Scott Killman said:

I’ve been debating between the Borla S-Type or Corsa. In the mean time I did a muffler delete, leaving the resonators and I have to admit it sounds pretty damn mean. Especially on start up.

I have a 2021 6.2 Trail Boss LT.

Did you leave the flapper too? How's the drone? Thinking about deleting the muffler on my '21 AT4 6.2. The cat back is too much, IMO. Love to just swap to an S-Type muffler, but Borla told me no dice, they want me to buy the $1450 system.

Did you leave the flapper too? How's the drone? Thinking about deleting the muffler on my '21 AT4 6.2. The cat back is too much, IMO. Love to just swap to an S-Type muffler, but Borla told me no dice, they want me to buy the $1450 system.

No I had the flapper removed. A muffler delete pipe is sold but I just had a local muffler shop bend and weld one. I don’t really want to pay that price either, at least right now, so I went this option. At least until I decide which system I want. I do have a Borla XR1 round muffler that I may have them weld in and see what that sounds like. I’d have the resonators removed if I went that route.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:05 PM, Scott Killman said:

No I had the flapper removed. A muffler delete pipe is sold but I just had a local muffler shop bend and weld one. I don’t really want to pay that price either, at least right now, so I went this option. At least until I decide which system I want. I do have a Borla XR1 round muffler that I may have them weld in and see what that sounds like. I’d have the resonators removed if I went that route.

Happen to know what diameter pipe they used?  None of my local shops carry 3.5" to match stock piping.  Wondering if it'd be a big deal to have them just use 3".

Happen to know what diameter pipe they used?  None of my local shops carry 3.5" to match stock piping.  Wondering if it'd be a big deal to have them just use 3".

They used 3”. It’s 3” back after the factory muffler anyways. They just cut out the muffler and welded in the 3”. It didn’t take them but about 35-40 minutes to do.

Like I said earlier, you can buy the delete pipe made specifically for that application for around $105-115 (depends on where you get it).

https://www.americantrucks.com/afe-silverado1500-apollo-gt-series-muffler-delete-pipe-49c44114nm.html

55 minutes ago, Scott Killman said:

They used 3”. It’s 3” back after the factory muffler anyways. They just cut out the muffler and welded in the 3”. It didn’t take them but about 35-40 minutes to do.

Like I said earlier, you can buy the delete pipe made specifically for that application for around $105-115 (depends on where you get it).

https://www.americantrucks.com/afe-silverado1500-apollo-gt-series-muffler-delete-pipe-49c44114nm.html

Mine necks down to 3 for the muffler, but then goes back up to 3.5 after. Its probably only temporary so just letting the shop use their 3" pipe. Can't be any worse restriction than the muffler, right. He's cutting now so we'll see how she sounds in a few minutes.

Mine necks down to 3 for the muffler, but then goes back up to 3.5 after. Its probably only temporary so just letting the shop use their 3" pipe. Can't be any worse restriction than the muffler, right. He's cutting now so we'll see how she sounds in a few minutes.

Are you keeping the resonators? I’m curious as to how much louder it would be without them.

You will have drone unless you disable DFM. Until I received my Pulsar LT instead of putting it in drive, I used manual and kept it on L9 and never had any drone.

52 minutes ago, Scott Killman said:

Are you keeping the resonators? I’m curious as to how much louder it would be without them.

Kept resonators and flapper, just muffler delete.  Apparently YouTube videos don't get great audio cause it is WAY louder than expected inside the cab!