1/4 Million on K2 and Still Rolling

Hey folks,

Just wanted to throw out there that I just turned a 1/4 million on my 2014 GMC All Terrain.  It's not been without it's issues here and there, but hey......It's still trucking along.

I purchased it used with 48k on it back in 2016 and have been selling out of it since.  I'm in outside sales and It gets driven plenty.  Mainly highway but there are always gravel roads, dirt roads and a good bit of city driving to boot.  

I changed evaporator coil at some point, brakes and rotors at some point, starter some where in there.   Also a transmission was replaced around 125k if I remember correctly. It needs windshield replaced as it has a crack.  Also has a small spot of paint chipping on passenger rear door.  Other than that it's getting about 18mpg and doesn't use any more oil than when I got it.

Maintenance is basically Edge 0-20 every 7000 and grease what needs greasing.  Feed it the cheapest 87 octane and roll.

4x4, 5.3 Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Heavily Optioned All Terrain model.

I'd die to have a new one but I just can't crank out the money they are asking for one these days.  My needs have actually changed and I'd love to get into a 2500 gas.  Maybe one of these days the dealers will have plenty and rebates will be large (sarcasm)  

Edited by bullet225ho
  • Like 6

I hit 80k kms (50k mi) on my '15 Sierra yesterday and felt I'd entered the "old truck stage".  At this rate, I'll be at a 1/4 million miles in  twenty years!  Thanks for posting!  You made me realize my truck is still an infant!

• Like 1

Holy crap, wow!! That's really awesome to hear, thanks for sharing! I don't know if there's been more over the course of your ownership than what you specified, but not too bad on the issues you've had to handle. Keep us posted!

Definitely a goal I hope I'm able to hit one day. ?