Trail Boss readylift kit UCA rubbing

Hi, brand new to the forum here. I got my 2019 Trail Boss earlier this month and have been absolutely loving it, been doing a bunch of mods to make it sort of my own. I put new tires (Falken Wildpeak At3w 295/70r18) and they rub a tiny bit but its not that big of a deal. At this point, the last thing on my list for this truck is to level it out, but I'm reading that the ReadyLift UCAs (their 1.75" kit) rub against 295/70r18 on stock wheels. I don't have the $ to buy new wheels with a more negative offset, so I was wondering if anyone here has had (and fixed) this issue. Theoretically if I just ran small spacers I should be able to clear the UCAs no problem right? 

But, the OEM UCA are junk.   The angles with the level are in the "grey" area and your axels are not happy either (in my opinion) The TB angles are already in grey area.   (go look at them.   Not level).   You re adding another 1.75-2" of that angle and the ball joint is not happy either.   You will have it apart, just do the UCA at the same time.   don't pay for (2) alignments).  :)

13 minutes ago, Rukus said:

But, the OEM UCA are junk.   The angles with the level are in the "grey" area and your axels are not happy either (in my opinion) The TB angles are already in grey area.   (go look at them.   Not level).   You re adding another 1.75-2" of that angle and the ball joint is not happy either.   You will have it apart, just do the UCA at the same time.   don't pay for (2) alignments).  :)

Ok, thanks. I think I understand what you're saying. So the ReadyLift kit should be fine with my tires as long as I run a slight spacer to clear the new UCAs?

On 3/15/2021 at 9:07 AM, Couper Harrison said:

Hi, brand new to the forum here. I got my 2019 Trail Boss earlier this month and have been absolutely loving it, been doing a bunch of mods to make it sort of my own. I put new tires (Falken Wildpeak At3w 295/70r18) and they rub a tiny bit but its not that big of a deal. At this point, the last thing on my list for this truck is to level it out, but I'm reading that the ReadyLift UCAs (their 1.75" kit) rub against 295/70r18 on stock wheels. I don't have the $ to buy new wheels with a more negative offset, so I was wondering if anyone here has had (and fixed) this issue. Theoretically if I just ran small spacers I should be able to clear the UCAs no problem right? 

You can run spacers to solve the problem - pending how much space you need.   

On 3/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, Rukus said:

Careful with the spacers... unless you go over 2" you will beed to cut your studs.   Don't forget this step!

This isn't universally true.  Many wheels will allow stud protrusion past the face of the spacer.  Mine do and I'm running 1-1/4" spacers and no trimming.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:04 PM, RTR1140 said:

I just put a set on mine. Yokohama geolander x-at 295/70/18. Also have the RL level kit with new UCAs. They fit but it’s tight. No rubbing against the UCA. Not sure about rubbing the mud flaps I had already removed those.

B7D4848B-31BC-4E74-AABE-AB45D9EB4E50.jpeg

Awesome. Will likely order the kit soon. Worst case I have to go over to autozone and get a 1/4" spacer. 

On 3/19/2021 at 6:49 PM, lapoolboy said:

This isn't universally true.  Many wheels will allow stud protrusion past the face of the spacer.  Mine do and I'm running 1-1/4" spacers and no trimming.

The studs are not touching the back of the rim on your rig?   Are you sure?

16 minutes ago, Rukus said:

This is what the rest of the world sees. (and what every reputable manufacturer tells you to cut the studs) 

DSCN1500_zps2a9gg4hg.jpg

20190316_094713.jpg

07b1bc27_47fc_422d_8af3_7d45f16d24fd_bb96c15f0c31b35fe472e0104704a5bdabcca6a5.jpeg

"The rest of the world sees"??  🤔

My studs stick out past the face of the spacer by about 3/8".  Luckily for me, the stock wheels have pockets between the lug holes that are plenty deep enough to accept that.  Too bad for the rest of the world.  😂

• Haha 1