Best Audio Upgrade Set for Non Bose?

I'm sure others have more experience, but from what I've read, you will want speakers and amp.  The factory radio doesn't have enough power.

i added speakers only bu still need tweeters done.....mild improvement, it is there but feel an amp will make em shine alot more, stock speakers are pretty cheap once you look at them

think an amp with sound deadening will be enough for me.....

If you don't want anything crazy but good sound and pretty damn loud, I HIGHLY recommend this little amp that you can hide anywhere and it is a DSP too (that works), paired with Alpine Type S speakers, I didn't need a sub (this was in my Jeep, I am happy enough with the Bose in the RST).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-key-200w-multichannel-amplifier-with-high-pass-crossover-black/6409449.p?skuId=6409449&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=404&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268649&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5CDBhB9EiwA0w6sLdmfmh_fjHBJkCYB4l87oA0lbluCZQA4Ys3vcS1TbpVYFbkmMae17BoCBO4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, Gregg Messenger VE6WGM said:

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_113XP6902C/Kenwood-Excelon-KFC-XP6902C.html

I’ve never owned a set, but these are built to fit both the door and dash spots exactly without mods.

has anyone listened to these?  How do they sound?

I just had  a complete Kenwood excelon set up installed in my 20 Custom and I love the way it sounds now.

Edited by RISEASONE

On 3/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, Gregg Messenger VE6WGM said:

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_113XP6902C/Kenwood-Excelon-KFC-XP6902C.html

I’ve never owned a set, but these are built to fit both the door and dash spots exactly without mods.

has anyone listened to these?  How do they sound?

I installed those dash speakers last September. Nice improvement in clarity/sound over stock. Wish I would have known about this combo, I would have done the doors too.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:23 AM, RISEASONE said:

I just had  a complete Kenwood excelon set up installed in my 20 Custom and I love the way it sounds now.

Crutchfiled says they won't fit a 21 chevy. Is this true has anyone put them in a 21?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went with all Sundown Audio Speakers. 2.75 in the dash, 6.5 components in the front doors and 6.5 coals in the rear doors. First time buying SA speakers and I am really impressed with them.

Edited by LGJ1984