no notifications from android auto

I searched but couldn't find an answer anywhere. Galaxy s10 when hooked up to android auto will not get any text notifications. It worked fine months ago, I have tried re-installing android auto and a bunch of other things.

My phone, no matter the volume level will also not give any indication of a text message recieved when plugged in. A notice does come up on the phone screen though, so I have to check every time after a drive. Spotify seems to be working o.k.

I'm sure I went through all the settings and permissions. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone try a cardongle yet or other device to give the infotainment screen full android powers and wireless control? Other than that $700 mod i've seen 

In Android Auto settings, make sure bluetooth is enabled when android auto is running.

I had a problem where, when connected via cord to Android Auto, I would only get text notifications on the Android Auto display but not the gauge cluster since that is linked with bluetooth.  After changing this setting, I get notifications in BOTH areas if plugged in.

Last year a guy with a 2019 Ford F150 said that he never used Android Auto because then it disabled his bluetooth calling.  I told him to modify the settings just the same, and he said it worked for him as well!

20 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

In Android Auto settings, make sure bluetooth is enabled when android auto is running.

I had a problem where, when connected via cord to Android Auto, I would only get text notifications on the Android Auto display but not the gauge cluster since that is linked with bluetooth.  After changing this setting, I get notifications in BOTH areas if plugged in.

Last year a guy with a 2019 Ford F150 said that he never used Android Auto because then it disabled his bluetooth calling.  I told him to modify the settings just the same, and he said it worked for him as well!

I have a base, so no notifications in the gauge cluster anyway. I get zero notifications on the android auto display and my phone is also muted when plugged in. The truck goes in for recalls next Tuesday and i will have them take a look. I am almost certain it is my phone though and not the truck. 

53 minutes ago, 19sierra53 said:

I have a base, so no notifications in the gauge cluster anyway. I get zero notifications on the android auto display and my phone is also muted when plugged in. The truck goes in for recalls next Tuesday and i will have them take a look. I am almost certain it is my phone though and not the truck. 

Have you gone through the app settings in android auto?

16 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

Have you gone through the app settings in android auto?

https://thedroidguy.com/s10-notification-problems-after-android-10-1116416 

Yes, i went through all the above too.

Confirmed on way home that incoming and outgoing calls work, spotify and also Google assistant works. Just can't get text notifications. It's driving me nuts

29 minutes ago, 19sierra53 said:

https://thedroidguy.com/s10-notification-problems-after-android-10-1116416 

Yes, i went through all the above too.

Confirmed on way home that incoming and outgoing calls work, spotify and also Google assistant works. Just can't get text notifications. It's driving me nuts

Thank you.  I think I would need to see your phone personally in order to be able to help.

6 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

PS, is your android auto updated to the latest version?  Apparently an update from September seems to have created the problem you are experiencing.  Unless it's another issue!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-most-recent-android-auto-update-blamed-for-broken-text-notifications-148945.html

Hmm interesting, my phone does auto-update. I am also on android 11 now, which i think may have been in and around the time i started having troubles. With android 11 android auto is now "built in"

I am not sure how I can install an older version to try. Any ideas?

15 minutes ago, 19sierra53 said:

Hmm interesting, my phone does auto-update. I am also on android 11 now, which i think may have been in and around the time i started having troubles. With android 11 android auto is now "built in"

I am not sure how I can install an older version to try. Any ideas?

I think the issue was fixed.  If you are on the latest version you should be OK.  I would go into "my apps" in google play store just to confirm that everything is updated.

If everything is updated then issue must lie somewhere else.

Edited by BlaineBug

• 2 weeks later...

So i didn't get to trying a second phone as i made a recall appointment and the dealer said they would have a look at that time. Anyway after the dealership visit (they said they updated the infotainment system) get in my truck and the system wont connect to my phone at all. I go back in and they say its my cord. Anyway instead of listening to more BS and arguing. I leave and try 3 different cables and 2 phones and absolutely nothing. Truck goes back next week.