In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Bed View Camera on New Silverado 2500HD

Looking for some help here.  I just took delivery of my new 2021 Silverado 2500HD.  I had ordered it with the bed view camera but when it arrived the bed view camera wasn't installed.  On the Dealer's locator program it shows the camera as being installed but the sticker on the vehicle does not.  All that is a mystery I'm trying to track down but more importantly can I add the bed view camera now?  My dealer says he can't.  Anyone had any experience with this kind of thing?

Would you provide a little more information about how your truck was optioned?  Did you get the hd surround cameras used with towing or did you just order the bed cam as a single RPO?  My Sierra, which was built Oct 2020, had the tow package and it came with all the cameras.  I didn't spec it, just lucky to find it at a local dealer.

1 hour ago, Mike Cooper said:

Would you provide a little more information about how your truck was optioned?  Did you get the hd surround cameras used with towing or did you just order the bed cam as a single RPO?  My Sierra, which was built Oct 2020, had the tow package and it came with all the cameras.  I didn't spec it, just lucky to find it at a local dealer.

Looks like you have a Denali and the camera package is part of the Denali trim.

OP, what trim level do you have? Also ask the dealer to give you a printout of the build sheet. 

UVN         Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, includes Two Trailer Camera Provisions
On LT -  Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II or (ZL6) Advanced Trailering Package. Not available with Regular Cab models or (ZW9) pickup bed delete. 
On LTZ & HC -  When (CWM) Technology Package is ordered, Trailer View Camera Provisions is replaced with (UVS) HD Surround Vision with Two Trailer View Camera Provisions. Included with (CMT) Gooseneck/ 5th Wheel Package.

More 2020 2500 camera options info:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/printbook?pdftype=option&lang=1&vehicle=21694&rpoid=71990

It's an LT.  The dealer ordered the Gooseneck / 5th Wheel Package/with camera under the CMT code.  I didn't order the convenience II package because at the time I ordered it, they weren't offering it. Constraints as the dealer called it.  I felt like it should have been ordered under the UVO code but what do I know? It's confusing as hell and I'm certainly not a dealer.  The dealer should have been able to figure it out and tell me what I needed to do but again this isn't about what the dealer should or shouldn't have done.  It's really a question of can the bed view camera for after build installation.

I will say this, on the dealer's workbench order sheet GM didn't flag the build or stop him from placing the order.  On the Locator report it still showed the camera package.  But on the sticker sheet that was on the truck it wasn't there.  It was a 250 dollar upgrade and the price of the truck was 250 dollars less than what I ordered.

Anyway, If it's possible to get it I'll pursue it and if not I have another route I can take.  Basically I have the Furrion backup four camera system for my fifth wheel.  two for side view, one for back view and the fourth camera is supposed to go over the door of the FW but I'm thinking I will mount it in the back of the bed.

9 hours ago, Dege said:

It's an LT.  The dealer ordered the Gooseneck / 5th Wheel Package/with camera under the CMT code.  I didn't order the convenience II package because at the time I ordered it, they weren't offering it. Constraints as the dealer called it.  I felt like it should have been ordered under the UVO code but what do I know? It's confusing as hell and I'm certainly not a dealer.  The dealer should have been able to figure it out and tell me what I needed to do but again this isn't about what the dealer should or shouldn't have done.  It's really a question of can the bed view camera for after build installation.

I will say this, on the dealer's workbench order sheet GM didn't flag the build or stop him from placing the order.  On the Locator report it still showed the camera package.  But on the sticker sheet that was on the truck it wasn't there.  It was a 250 dollar upgrade and the price of the truck was 250 dollars less than what I ordered.

Anyway, If it's possible to get it I'll pursue it and if not I have another route I can take.  Basically I have the Furrion backup four camera system for my fifth wheel.  two for side view, one for back view and the fourth camera is supposed to go over the door of the FW but I'm thinking I will mount it in the back of the bed.

Intersting.  Im in the same boat.  CONV II and the leather package werent available when i ordered in late FEB either but now are.  Either way I ordered the bed view camera as well.  Truck is Built as of this week but dont have it.  I will be curious as to your situation and what happens to my truck.  I wanted it but had no specific reason other than thought it was cool.  So we will see.

Good luck.  I hope you get the camera.  The dealer now has three trucks counting mine that have arrived without the camera installed.  Fingers crossed for you.  The thing is what's done is done.  I'm thinking now I will call or write to GM and ask them why the camera was deleted from the order and the didn't think it was necessary let the consumer know.  Then I'll pursue having them provide the parts to install it.  I'd pay of course.  I have a sinking feeling I'll be tilting at windmills though.

The factories are shipping vehicles minus ordered options with no exception reports going to dealers.  My wife ordered a vehicle last Halloween and it was just received this week.  In speaking with the dealer today, I asked if they were experiencing this.  He advised yes and the only way he can tell is to monitor the invoice.  On units with a lower price, he has to check and see what option(s) did not ship.  He then has the unpleasant task of advising the buyer what has happened.   Per the dealer, my wife's vehicle was held up because of the interior color.  She ordered nothing special, just the standard color for the trim level she selected.  Unreal.

I'm assuming that this is happening with all the other brands, as well ????