2021 Steering wheel shake

I'm new to the site and hope someone can help.  I posted on an older thread but haven't heard back from anyone.  I have about 5,800 miles on my truck and now have a shake mainly above 60 mph.  You can feel the steering wheel shake in your hand and if you let go it really gets to shaking.  I had the wheels rebalanced and no luck.  I see for past years they have been doing a steering system reprogram, are they doing that for 2021's too?  Does it actually work?  Tomorrow the truck goes to the dealer so I'm trying to be ready for them.

I would suggest trying a different set of tires, if your dealer is willing. I had a set of brand new Cooper tires cause a vibration above 60, even though they balanced out within spec. The replacement set does not vibrate.

Edited by c.schill

On 4/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, JFaust said:

Well after the dealer visit my wheels have been balanced a second time in a week and did nothing to fix the problem.

If the dealership balanced them twice without resolving the issue then they should still be looking for the source of the problem. Have you told the dealership they haven't fixed the problem? If so, what did they say? if not, that's your next step.

I wouldn't let the dealership off the hook yet, there's plenty they can do other than just a basic spin balance, i.e., PicoScope with NVH kit, Road Force Balance, rotate tires, replace tires, etc., etc.

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

I have used 2017 Sierra I got last Saturday drove it for 1 hour on highway and got the shake 65-75mph gets lil better at 80mph , did the alignment and speed balance at local tire shop took home test drove it this weekend same issue remains not worst or any better. I dropped it off today at the dealer. Not sure what they will say or BS me about fingers crossed . 

Edited by Mgundayao81