I had one on a '16 Colorado. It was OK. I went with the BakFlip MX4 on my 2nd '16 Colorado and my current '20 Silverado.

BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding - Tonneau Cover | BAK Industries | BAK

I didn't like how the Revolver moved as you went down the road. It also took forever to get it aligned properly so it would stay latched. It also took up more area when it was rolled up over the MX4. The MX4 feels more secure and doesn't move when going highway speeds.

3 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I had one on a '16 Colorado. It was OK. I went with the BakFlip MX4 on my 2nd '16 Colorado and my current '20 Silverado.

I didn't like how the Revolver moved as you went down the road. It also took forever to get it aligned properly so it would stay latched. It also took up more area when it was rolled up over the MX4. The MX4 feels more secure and doesn't move when going highway speeds.

What bed size do you have? If short bed, would you be able to measure how far the cover protrudes from the front wall of the bed when the cover is flipped up against the rear glass?

I’m trying to decide on a cover, but hoping to get one I can haul dirt bikes without having to take it off. 

4 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I was looking at that cover too. Do you have pics?

1 hour ago, Dirk13 said:

What bed size do you have? If short bed, would you be able to measure how far the cover protrudes from the front wall of the bed when the cover is flipped up against the rear glass?

I’m trying to decide on a cover, but hoping to get one I can haul dirt bikes without having to take it off. 

8 minutes ago, blckblt said:

I was looking at that cover too. Do you have pics?

Here are a few pictures. When the cover is folded up all the way, you have about 10.5" from the bulkhead to the covers edge. There is about 22" of clearance under the cover. The position with the second fold (picture 5) is a way you can lock it in place with the clips.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

11 hours ago, blckblt said:

Did you install it yourself?

Yes sir. I did it by myself in about 30 minutes. It is very straight forward and the instructions are simple to understand.

I didn't install the front bulkhead gasket that comes with the cover. I've found that without it the cover seals better on the front of the bed.

3 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Yes sir. I did it by myself in about 30 minutes. It is very straight forward and the instructions are simple to understand.

I didn't install the front bulkhead gasket that comes with the cover. I've found that without it the cover seals better on the front of the bed.

Power tailgate still work with the cover?

Did you install the drain hose at the front of the bed?

16 minutes ago, blckblt said:

Power tailgate still work with the cover?

Did you install the drain hose at the front of the bed?

Sometimes yes. It at least kicks loose with it. The MX4 does allow the tailgate to be closed with the cover completely closed.

2 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Sometimes yes. It at least kicks loose with it. The MX4 does allow the tailgate to be closed with the cover completely closed.

Sounds like what my previous cover allowed for on last truck.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, blckblt said:

Sounds like what my previous cover allowed for on last truck.  Thanks.

I'm sure you can adjust the rear portion of the cover to not sit as tight on the tailgate and it would work fine. I just prefer mine to be tight so it is more air tight (if that makes sense).

I just installed the Revolver X4s this weekend and was pretty impressed. I had an Undercover Ultra Flex on my last truck and really wanted something that didn’t block the rear window when I was hauling something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1