2021 Sierra DRL Color Problem

9 hours ago, dennismc said:

My 3 month old 21 Sierra SLT has developed this problem on the drivers side but its intermittent, usually when I first start it its white like the other side then will change to a lite blue and pretty noticeable. Of course took it the dealer and it stayed white! Lol 

Has anyone else had theirs act this way? Will it eventually stay blue?

Exact same thing happened to me today, took it in and the Blue Light Special turned white

11 hours ago, CXXX said:

Exact same thing happened to me today, took it in and the Blue Light Special turned white

When I first start my truck, it’s perfectly white like it should be. After running a couple minutes, It turns very noticeably blue. However, it’s very consistent, I’ve never had it stay white for longer than a few minutes. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, 2021 Sierra X31 said:

Ha! Well mine appears more purple... and it’s only the drivers side. So, my OCD won’t allow that 🤣

Hey new to this forum, was wondering what they did to fix your issue? I have a 21’ Silverado LTZ with the same problem. Had my drivers side headlamp assembly replaced and within a week it was purple again. This is extremely frustrating!

22 minutes ago, Matt21silverado said:

Hey new to this forum, was wondering what they did to fix your issue? I have a 21’ Silverado LTZ with the same problem. Had my drivers side headlamp assembly replaced and within a week it was purple again. This is extremely frustrating!

well, mine still isn’t fixed. They have to replace the entire headlight assembly, as it is built in one piece. I took mine to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, they swapped the light for the new one. I drove it for four days and it had already turned purple again. Now I’m just kind of waiting it out to hear that they have actually issued a bulletin or have confirmed to have headlight units that are no longer affected with the issue. Obviously the one day swapped me for Was an older production unit that still has the problem. Or, possibly there is an issue on the truck side that is not related to the light that is causing it. I have not talked to anybody that really knows what is causing the failure. You could always have them order a new light and give it a shot. No guarantees.

7 hours ago, 2021 Sierra X31 said:

well, mine still isn’t fixed. They have to replace the entire headlight assembly, as it is built in one piece. I took mine to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, they swapped the light for the new one. I drove it for four days and it had already turned purple again. Now I’m just kind of waiting it out to hear that they have actually issued a bulletin or have confirmed to have headlight units that are no longer affected with the issue. Obviously the one day swapped me for Was an older production unit that still has the problem. Or, possibly there is an issue on the truck side that is not related to the light that is causing it. I have not talked to anybody that really knows what is causing the failure. You could always have them order a new light and give it a shot. No guarantees.

Well looks like we are pretty much in the same boat. Idk how many people actually pay attention or care but I have seen many new trucks with the same issue. I did have mine replaced and the new one turned purple too. So like you I’m wondering if it’s a issue with the truck causing this and not the light. Hopefully a tsb will come out on it. Those headlamps are really expensive so I can’t see them continuing to replace them without a more permanent fix. Well good luck with yours, if you do find out any info please lmk. 

• 8 months later...

I’m having the exact same problem now whereas my left (driver side) DRL has turned a purple color. It drives me crazy that they don’t match anymore. I have an appointment at the dealer for it in 3 days. I’ll post about what the outcome was.

15 hours ago, GTT said:

I’m having the exact same problem now whereas my left (driver side) DRL has turned a purple color. It drives me crazy that they don’t match anymore. I have an appointment at the dealer for it in 3 days. I’ll post about what the outcome was.

Just took mine in a second time. They are replacing the headlamp again. There is another thread on here about this, one or 2 of the guys said that replacing the entire assembly fixed theirs... so it now seems they had a huge batch of these lights that had an issue in manufacturing, and that now they are finally producing units that don’t have the problem. I asked the dealership if this issue was document yet via a TSB. They said no. GM knows they have a large problem and they are just trying to damage control at this point I’m sure. One of these headlights is over $1000 each. They ordered me a new one that was actually sitting in North Carolina. Who knows if this is one that has had the issue corrected or not. They aren’t releasing any dates on when or if they have fixed the problem. I’ll keep taking it in until they fix it.