AT4 Front Valance

I have a 2021 AT4 that I have had for about 5 months and just noticed that there seems to be a piece missing on the front valance.  There are a dozen or so push rivet holes that are empty and the existing piece is warping and hanging down badly.  I compared it to my buddies Denali and he has another small air dam type valance under this plastic piece that I don't have.  Was this left off by design on the AT4? or is it just mine?  Sorry for the bad pic but this might help...

IMG_3870.jpg

AT4 and the Trailboss don't have the front air damn.  Improves ground clearance and approach angle for what GM considers to be their off road 1/2 ton truck. 

You can probably add it.  It might improve your MPG a little if you do.

My '20 AT4 did come with the lower valance stabilizer (that you are missing).  I took it off to gain better clearance as @blckbltsaid BUT i would caution you without that lower valance stabilizer (as I call it) the plastic will rip if you get off road and drag it backwards on something...  If you end up ripping the lower valance changing it is a major PITA as some of the bolts that hold it on are on top of the frame horns and near impossible to get to (ask me how I know :-))  If it happens again I am just going to put an Addictive Desert Design bumper on and be done with it

My '21 AT4 has the same "warped" and hangs down ever so slightly. So does my coworkers. Going to find some extra push clips and strap it up.

Mine has the same "warped & hanging" condition. I'm going to replace the bumper anyway so I decided to not worry about it. Shouldn't look like that on a new vehicle though.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
16 hours ago, Zeeeya said:

Same thing here. 2021 hanging down in the middle. Thinking about taking some small black tie wraps and pulling up the center to try and take the droop out🤔

That is what I did. Drilled two holes in the skid plate above the valence and ziptied it up. Now it is just a tiny little dip right in the middle instead of the large one. 

• 4 months later...

just ordered one from the dealership off a 2020. fits perfect and fixes that sag in the middle. You will also need 2 bolts, one at each end under the front fenders. Took 10 minutes to install and you only lose about an inch of ground clearance. 

On 6/10/2022 at 12:30 AM, LGJ1984 said:

just ordered one from the dealership off a 2020. fits perfect and fixes that sag in the middle. You will also need 2 bolts, one at each end under the front fenders. Took 10 minutes to install and you only lose about an inch of ground clearance. 

Will you share the part number?

Did this replace the 2021 air dam or was it an add on to the current air dam?