72 C10 headers question

I just got a 1972 C10 with a 350 and 3-speed transmission. My clutch pedal has way too much play, so I was going to adjust it today. When I was under it, I noticed it was adjusted all the way out (I probably need a clutch, but I'll take the inspection plate off to verify soon). The concerning part is the front of the adjuster is almost right against the header. I've only had the truck a short while and I'm slowly bringing it back to life. Is this most likely an after market header because of the spacing? I can't find any markings on it to say what it is.

• 1 year later...

A few things could be going on.

Worn out/sagging motor mounts, worn out/sagging cab bushings. Either and or both can cause linkages to be slightly out of their intended locations. Linkage pivot points can wear as well over time. Stack all of these smaller possible misalignments and it can add up to interference issues or things not residing exactly where intended.

You say "headers", do you mean tube headers, or are they cast manifolds? If true headers, then no they aren't factory. And yes, headers can present clearance issues if not just the right model (sometimes even if they are), or if other stuff is not exactly where its supposed to be (see paragraph above). 

If cast, they could be factory, or on a truck this age they could have been replaced with just about anything over the years.

These 50yr old trucks can be a lot of fun in this regard. Welcome to the club :)