Brake Controller Question

I have a 2020 Silverado WT. I just purchased an older boat trailer with electric brakes.  I installed a Curt Spectrum Brake Controller 51170 and used the Curt wire harness to connect to the OEM plug under the dash. Nothing is happening with the controller and there are no LED lights on the cotrol knob. Do I have to have something programmed at the dealer to get this to work? I researched it before I installed it and did not see that I needed to take it to the dealer. I know it is installed correctly. TIA

Hate to say but it's either a bad unit or something in the wiring. I installed the same brake controller 3 weeks ago and it lit right up immediately. Controller works and no dealer programming needed. 

5 hours ago, streetglider said:

I have a 2020 Silverado WT. I just purchased an older boat trailer with electric brakes.  I installed a Curt Spectrum Brake Controller 51170 and used the Curt wire harness to connect to the OEM plug under the dash. Nothing is happening with the controller and there are no LED lights on the cotrol knob. Do I have to have something programmed at the dealer to get this to work? I researched it before I installed it and did not see that I needed to take it to the dealer. I know it is installed correctly. TIA

With no LED's lighting up, the first thing I would check is your power supply and ground with a multimeter to make sure your getting 12v.  It should be a plug and play install.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the new controller Curt sent me and everything  seems to be working okay. However, I always have two  blue LEDs lit even when the truck is off.   They never go off. I know they don't draw much power but would like to make sure this is normal. For those of you running this controller is this correct?