Duramax 3.0 exhaust/ cold air intake thread

I upgraded from a 5.3l to a 3.0 duramax and for my first diesel truck im absolutely in love with it. I love the sound of it. 

I have a 4.3l v6 2015 before my 2020... put a cold air intake on it and it really did open it up and made a huge difference sound wise. 

I want to increase the exhaust sound and make the truck louder. I cant delete it yet and dont think any programmers do yet anyways... but has anyone done an exhaust or cold air intake? Did it make a difference?

1 hour ago, Dersch said:

I upgraded from a 5.3l to a 3.0 duramax and for my first diesel truck im absolutely in love with it. I love the sound of it. 

I have a 4.3l v6 2015 before my 2020... put a cold air intake on it and it really did open it up and made a huge difference sound wise. 

I want to increase the exhaust sound and make the truck louder. I cant delete it yet and dont think any programmers do yet anyways... but has anyone done an exhaust or cold air intake? Did it make a difference?

I've seen a few cold air intakes available, but not heard of any feedback on them on here.  However, the SBfilters CAI for the 3.0L Duramax has some great reviews.

I also have the 3.0L Duramax and have been throughly impressed with it.  Towing and hauling, MPG, the whole nine yards.

I plan on getting the Banks Derringer soon as it's available, along with this CAI or similar to boost HP ratings and maybe gain a MPG or two.

"Best Cold Air Intake for Silverado / Sierra 1500 3.0 Duramax 2020-2021" https://www.sbfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/silverado-sierra-1500-duramax-3-0-intake-75-5137?variant_id=712

12 hours ago, Dersch said:

You can't do exhaust at all.  DPF is directly after the turbocharger on this engine as well not underneath.  Its "straight piped" almost the whole way under the truck.  No deletes.  

I do believe there is an intake on the market.  

11 hours ago, btj_z71 said:

I've seen a few cold air intakes available, but not heard of any feedback on them on here.  However, the SBfilters CAI for the 3.0L Duramax has some great reviews.

I also have the 3.0L Duramax and have been throughly impressed with it.  Towing and hauling, MPG, the whole nine yards.

I plan on getting the Banks Derringer soon as it's available, along with this CAI or similar to boost HP ratings and maybe gain a MPG or two.

"Best Cold Air Intake for Silverado / Sierra 1500 3.0 Duramax 2020-2021" https://www.sbfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/silverado-sierra-1500-duramax-3-0-intake-75-5137?variant_id=712

I am thoroughly impressed with this truck. Its great. Looking forward to the first time i get to tow with it. 

Ive heard about the derringer. Wonder when we will finally see it tho 

5 minutes ago, newdude said:

You can't do exhaust at all.  DPF is directly after the turbocharger on this engine as well not underneath.  Its "straight piped" almost the whole way under the truck.  No deletes.  

I do believe there is an intake on the market.  

I was afraid of that exhaust wise 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, AppDawg said:

That won't do much if any for sound or power. Just some nice looking exhaust tips for those that have or want split exit rear exhaust. I went to 4" exhaust after the cat and dumped it after the axle with a 6" tip. That bearly made any difference in sound(mostly while in Regen) and no noticable feel in power increase.

Until there is some real tuning solutions which might never come thanks to the EPA, you can forget about exhaust mods (deletes) that will make any real power gains.

You're going to be limited to a couple different intakes and a couple different fuel pressure modules.

• Like 1