New order build

Howdy all.  Just sold my 2015 Sierra All Terrain.  Just was not cutting it anymore.  Especially when towing our 33' travel trailer.  I have already spec out a 2022 3/4 ton gasser and have a few questions.

When will the Chevy 2022 website be updated so one can build their own truck?  As of an hour ago it still has build options for a 2021.

I am working with two dealership currently and getting ready to pick one.  They are about 200 miles apart from each other.  I gave one my build sheet for the 22 that I want and he called me earlier and said that the Convenience Package 2 is no longer available due to constraints.  What exactly does this mean?  I get the whole chip shortage thing.  The CP 2 eliminates alot of things I kinda would like to have (for trailering reasons).  I can do without the HD radio.  Another one of my options was the leather package.  With leather, CP 2 had to come with it.  Anybody have any insight on this?  What else will not become available?

Those who have already gotten theirs, what is a normal destination charge fee?  One dealer quoted me $1900 and the other $1600.  Kinda absurb the $1900.  

I was really excited about ordering and getting EXACTLY what I wanted.  I did a custom order for my 2018 Camaro SS.

What do you guys say or think?

Lee

CONV 2 wasnt available I ordered in FEB.  Which kind of sucks as make the truck kind of junk without it just IMO.  Anyways I paid 1600 for destination.  I always thought this was a GM charge not a dealer charge.  Either way unless you lived in Hawaii or something IMO anything over 500 is rip off

The constraints that GM puts on these trucks can vary from week to week, and a dealer is only allotted X number of trucks in a specific trim level, with some trim levels not even being available to said dealer.  It’s like a maze trying to figure out how to order a decently equipped truck right now.  I have seen the constraints on their order guide recently.

Example: mine was ordered in April, at which time you could not get leather in a LT, nor frt and rear parking sensors.  It will get conv 1, bucket seats, spray in bedliner, skid plates, roof lights, power fold heated mirrors and 20in wheels/tires.  I’ll add aftermarket leather at the dealer (it wears better than factory leather anyway) but other than that it has everything I want and nothing I don’t.  I’ve got parking sensors and blind spot detection on my current truck and while they are sometimes good features, the parking sensors go crazy when driving in the rain and have to be turned off.  

It will be almost exactly 12 weeks from order placement to delivery at the dealer on mine.

Edited by 2011Chevy