Wet Floors front and back

• 2 weeks later...

From my experience there is no one fix for any top leak issue. My 1500 has been leaking from day one. Started where the top panels meet at the windshield. Brought it in under warranty multiple times and to replace multiple seals(sometimes the same one more than once) and finally that was fixed. With the fix of that caused the passenger and driver B pillar to start leaking. Sometimes the leak ran across the top of the door seal and water would come out the a pillar. The seals at the B pillar were replaced and the leak continued. After that the above repair manual was used but that only fixed the driver side. Now waiting on seals recommended by a motor trader "expert tech" from out of state.

Though my case is extreme compared to a lot of others who replace one seal and never see leaks again. I have seen people on the forum say they tightened the door latch and that helped. Others use foam strips or seal lubes.

Had a 2014 Silverado that developed multiples leaks. Obvious ones like the shark fin and third brake light. I bought  a new fin because I think I read somewhere that they improved it. Siliconed the gasket to it then ran a bead around it. Took the brake light off and cleaned it, put it back on and siliconed around it. Still had leaks in the back. I found three more leaks. The power rear window has holes in the channel. They were clogged and water could get in there by just filling the channel. Cleaned those out and believe that they sell a seal kit for the channel. Like some end caps. The big ones were the vents behind the rear seat. Between the cab and bed. Water would somehow fill them up and cause it to run in the cab. I tried replacing them but that didn’t work. Wound up siliconing the top and sides creating a ramp of sorts. You can squeeze your hand back there to do it. Also did the inside of the truck.