Rubbing "creek" sound while turning steering wheel...not tires

Anyone else have this? 2021 RST with GM Trailboss lift kit. Not sure if the truck was doing this prior to the lift, but now I hear a rubbing "creek" sound when steering at low speeds. From center to left turn it creeks or rubs three times and from center to right the same. I looked under the dash close to the base of the steering column link and could see and hear the rubber boot/bushing is where the sound is coming from. I can also see the steering column shaft moving left to right near the boot/bushing and putting pressure on the rubber depending on the direction of the turn. I am guessing some of the "glue" came loose. Any ideas or fixes from those that may have had this problem? I found this GM Engineering PIE document on the ALLdata site #PIE0648 it's attached.

Engineering Information - Rubbing Type Noise Heard While Turning the Steering Wheel (Steering) - ALLDATA diy.pdf

I had a rubbing sound coming from somewhere around the steering column when i bought the truck. I took it to my dealership 3 times because the problem was intermittent, the first time they couldn't hear it, the second time they replaced the whole steering column, and the third time they finally found the issue, a part of the firewall insulation was rubbing against the steering shaft. They cut the piece off and i haven't had a problem since.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:34 PM, Aaaaaaaayush said:

I had a rubbing sound coming from somewhere around the steering column when i bought the truck. I took it to my dealership 3 times because the problem was intermittent, the first time they couldn't hear it, the second time they replaced the whole steering column, and the third time they finally found the issue, a part of the firewall insulation was rubbing against the steering shaft. They cut the piece off and i haven't had a problem since.

Do you happen to know what was removed or have pics of the area?

6 hours ago, fireaxxe said:

Do you happen to know what was removed or have pics of the area?

I don't have any pics but there's not much around the steering shaft just climb under your drivers side dash and have a look around, there is a rubber boot around the steering shaft but its not that hard to peek under it. let me know if you see anything.