possible to add chip for HD radio later on?

you guys think on trucks that come without HD radio it will be possible to go to dealer and have it installed once all this bs stops and chips are available or not gonna happen?

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some ads, specifically from OBDGenie that claim to add factory nav and HD to IOS code radios through the

OBD port. I'm in the same boat, having ordered a 2021 LTZ with IOT (full nav, etc.) and then having the factory come back

and say they don't have the computer chip or something and downgrading me to the IOS, so I'm looking for the best way

to upgrade the unit. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

that sucks...I was gonna get an AT4 ( for reasonable price) but think ill wait, I want that HD radio.....plus trades have depreciated a bit

Actually that's why I decided to trade at this time. They offered me 36k on my 2016 LTZ with 40k miles. I almost couldn't afford not to trade. If I can just solve this nav and HD problem I'll be good.  Might go to OBGenie.com and see what you think. Thanks for the reply. (I'm in Tulsa. Maybe trades are holding up better here,)

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

Was there ever any update to this?

Could a retrofit be done on the refreshed trucks? Or was there ever a solution found to get HD radio on the refreshed trucks?

2019-2021 GMC Sierra/Chevrolet Silverado IntelliLink IOU GPS Navigation HD Radio Upgrade – ADC Mobile