Ac leak track down

My uv light indicated I needed to replace this flared nut seal, and the low side valve was gurgling bubbles too. 

Both replaced and I can vacuum it to 25bar.  After about 30-45mij it drops to 20bar. 

i haven’t found any more dye, but haven’t started digging in deep. Any thoughts on where some likely spots are before I go on a goose chase?

07C5F7ED-C365-4DFB-BE1D-C645E795F838.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattd said:

My uv light indicated I needed to replace this flared nut seal, and the low side valve was gurgling bubbles too. 

Both replaced and I can vacuum it to 25bar.  After about 30-45mij it drops to 20bar. 

i haven’t found any more dye, but haven’t started digging in deep. Any thoughts on where some likely spots are before I go on a goose chase?

07C5F7ED-C365-4DFB-BE1D-C645E795F838.jpeg

Check the fittings at the condenser.  I replaced the seal and it still leaked and so we then replaced the whole condenser and that line that is giving you troubles and no more leaks.  

Had to drive it last night. Hooked everything back up today and it vaccum a down to just shy of 25bar. After sitting for 1.75 hours, if it’s moved it’s barely lowered. 

so I guess I’m good to go?  Run the vaccum for an hour and recharge?

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, mattd said:

Had to drive it last night. Hooked everything back up today and it vaccum a down to just shy of 25bar. After sitting for 1.75 hours, if it’s moved it’s barely lowered. 

so I guess I’m good to go?  Run the vaccum for an hour and recharge?

Yep, that's what we've done before.