Jump to content

CarPlay/Bluetooth straming


Recommended Posts

When streaming from my phone through the truck speakers, it randomly for no known reason stops playing. Sometimes it kicks back in but most of the time it does not. All I see on the display is the spinning circle like it is buffering. Same result if I use Bluetooth or carplay. Anyone know what is going on or how to fix it? 2018 Sierra elevation edition

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jkdavie said:

When streaming from my phone through the truck speakers, it randomly for no known reason stops playing. Sometimes it kicks back in but most of the time it does not. All I see on the display is the spinning circle like it is buffering. Same result if I use Bluetooth or carplay. Anyone know what is going on or how to fix it? 2018 Sierra elevation edition

 

thanks

Welcome to the site.

 

Just guesses, is there an update waiting for your truck in MYLink settings?

Maybe unpair your phone (forget this device in settings), unpair it from the truck's settings, then re pair them like a factory reset. 

Are updates on your iPhone current?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I use CarPlay, which is every time I drive, I found it works better if I "forget" the bluetooth connection to the infotainment system.
Heck, I'm using CarPlay, I don't need the Bluetooth connection.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

 

Just guesses, is there an update waiting for your truck in MYLink settings?

Maybe unpair your phone (forget this device in settings), unpair it from the truck's settings, then re pair them like a factory reset. 

Are updates on your iPhone current?

 

6 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

 

Just guesses, is there an update waiting for your truck in MYLink settings?

Maybe unpair your phone (forget this device in settings), unpair it from the truck's settings, then re pair them like a factory reset. 

Are updates on your iPhone current?

Software is up to date on the phone and the truck. Just tried unpairing and reinstalling. Same result. Hmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jkdavie said:

 

Software is up to date on the phone and the truck. Just tried unpairing and reinstalling. Same result. Hmmm

Does it do it on all "sources" that you use on the Bluetooth connection? 

Meaning Pandora, IHeart, as examples. I know from my own experience, some apps are not that good to listen too, always refreshing, shutting down and all the other fun technology stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GTPprix said:

Are you using a streaming service thats buffering or content right off the phone? 

This. If your music isn’t downloaded to your phone and you run into a dead zone, it will sit and try to load. My fiancé has to deal with that whether she’s using Bluetooth or android auto. My music is downloaded on my phone so it’s not an issue for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    246.5k
    Total Topics
    2.6m
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    334,275
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    Screaminfire
    Newest Member
    Screaminfire
    Joined
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 667 Guests (See full list)



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.