Looking for tail lights or covers!!

Did some googling and some forum searching. Now just trying to see what y’all’s thoughts/opinions are…

I want to get a tail light cover for my 2020 Silverado RST. She’s Pearl color and I’m going for black accents; kind of a stormtrooper look I suppose. I see a lot of people here replacing the entire tail light system, but I don’t see the need for that right now since I have no issue with the factory lights. So I’m aiming to go the cheaper route with just a smoked cover. Any recommendations? 

I’ve seen AVS mentioned a few times but they seem to be out of stock until further notice. Thanks in advance!!!

The AVS covers are great if you change your mind and want to go back to stock at a later date.  The other option is to tint them.  I think there's a company called nightshade, or something like that, that makes a tint spray for lights. 

• Like 1

Clear coat spray with a touch of black paint added is a better option, seen guys at a custom hot rod shops do it in the paint booth. People overdue it with that VHT stuff and then you can't see jack ****** from their taillights in the daytime.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Clear coat spray with a touch of black paint added is a better option, seen guys at a custom hot rod shops do it in the paint booth. People overdue it with that VHT stuff and then you can't see jack ****** from their taillights in the daytime.

Yea that was another concern. I obviously don’t want to completely block out the lights like I’ve seen some people do. I’ve seen those vehicles on the road and it’s hard af to see if they’re braking or turning (if they even use the indicator that is🙄). 

I’ll look up some videos and see how this process is. I’d prefer to do something like this tbh. Kinda get the satisfaction of doing my own work. 

13 hours ago, Transient said:

The AVS covers are great if you change your mind and want to go back to stock at a later date.  The other option is to tint them.  I think there's a company called nightshade, or something like that, that makes a tint spray for lights. 

From my understanding, the AVS covers are either velcro or 3M adhesive correct? Not sure how much I trust velcro; but the 3M might be a promising option. 

someone posted a link to the spray. May go that route, I just have to make sure I don’t F up and make it black hole dark lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

VHT sprays flat black, not glossy. I used it years ago on the turn signals on my 86 S10 before there were any aftermarket options. Rustoleum has a lens tint paint as well, but I haven't used it. I have found that at Walmart. VHT is available at Autozone and probably other parts stores. I'm going to try vinyl wrapping my lights with some tint film and see how that works. These factory LED tail lights are too expensive to mess up with VHT!

12 hours ago, GETGONE said:

I'm going to try vinyl wrapping my lights with some tint film and see how that works. These factory LED tail lights are too expensive to mess up with VHT!

You got that right!

Let us know how the wrapping goes and what film you end up using. This is one mod that's been on my list, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm looking to use the VViViD air release film as in the video above. I'm trying to decide if I want a straight tinted film or the hex tinted film they have. I'm also considering a sapphire tint for the headlights.

I did something very different many years ago.  I had a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS.  I first converted the center brake light to led, then put a single layer of vinyl wrap over the light with COBALT SS cut out.  The vinyl was the same color as the car -- silver.  Whenever I stepped on the brakes the light would shine through the vinyl as if the vinyl wasn't there.  It made the vinyl disappear at night.  If the lights are led, and bright enough, this might make for a very clean look.