Diablo canned tune & Diablew tune

i have a 2014 silverado 5.3 6 speed 3:42. i've been running a diablo canned tune in my truck for a year now. i just did the 87 tune, afm delete, stock shift, max throttle. would there be a noticeable difference getting a Lew tune? i like the trucks drive ability just wondering if i can make it better. also if i went with the Lew tune would the trans stop "learning"? thanks for your help.

I have a 2015 5.3 with stock gears.  Like you I used the canned Diablo tune for 87 for awhile but then did the Lew tune.  It felt like an improvement to me.  I think the shifts were more in line with what I expected/prefered.  I don't think anything stops the learning process but in the 2 years I have had Lew's tune it does not feel like it has changed.  Don't be afraid to email Lew.  I asked him a bunch of questions before finally taking the plunge.  I am very happy with my Lew tune.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 11:31 AM, boettcher40 said:

Well worth it IMO. My butt dyno says improved torque and overall low end feel, truck doesn't search for gears anymore, and the overall experience is noticeably better compared to the canned tunes. 

thanks for the info. which tune did you have him do? 87 or 91? do you tow anything? if so noticeable difference?  

15 hours ago, tkkz71 said:

thanks for the info. which tune did you have him do? 87 or 91? do you tow anything? if so noticeable difference?  

I ended up going with the 87 octane tune, mainly due to the cost of premium around my area and I only have the 5.3. I do tow on occasion, but nothing super heavy. My last big trip was a 8x10 enclosed trailer with 4 dirt bikes and a sh*t load of gear/tools/supplies. I was around 7-12k feet in elevation for a week and it definitely struggled on certain climbs but never skipped a beat after 3k miles roundtrip. I for sure would have been really disappointed if I didn't have the DiabLew tune

• Like 1