Ambient Temperature Sensor

I have a 2021 GMC Sierra Elevation and I've noticed that the outside air temperature reading is way off. it's reading high by quite a bit. For example, the other day, it was around 95 here in San Antonio and the reading on the radio showed 124 degrees. I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust it or do I just have a faulty sensor? TIA

2 minutes ago, Steel Ghost said:

I have a 2021 GMC Sierra Elevation and I've noticed that the outside air temperature reading is way off. it's reading high by quite a bit. For example, the other day, it was around 95 here in San Antonio and the reading on the radio showed 124 degrees. I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust it or do I just have a faulty sensor? TIA

It usually starts off high based baking in the sun. Once it's been driven for a while it should normalize to the actual surrounding temps. 

Mine definitely starts off way high and it does come closer after I get moving, but it still reads high compared to the weather app on my phone.  Not a big deal until winter.  We'll see how it does when it gets closer to freezing since that's about the only time I really care that the truck temp is accurate.  I've only had mine since March so I haven't had to deal with icing roads yet.