2020 Silverado - “Service ESC”

Hey everyone,

I’ve searched these forums and have seen a number of people experiencing ESC/power steering/braking issues. But I have a question regarding my specific situation. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Drove to work yesterday morning, woke up to about 8 inches of unplowed snow (EARLY snowfall up here in Alaska). Truck performed fine, but during my commute the ESC light illuminated on the dash and the words “Service ESC” popped up on the display within the dash. Troubleshot the vehicle when I got to work with no resolution. This morning, the warnings stayed illuminated as I drove my truck. While I was on my way home from the store, the warnings went away, and the ESC light on the dash turned off as well. The vehicle seems to perform fine and currently displays no issues.

My question:  Can a problem like this just fix itself? I had a similar event with the check engine light last summer where it seems to have just self resolved. 

What do you all think? I have an appointment with the dealer in October. Wondering if it’s worth my time to take it to them if I’m no longer receiving warnings. 

Thanks for your time and input!

I think it might just be one of those sensitive sensors or something that didn't really have a problem but just warned you anyway, I've had two misfires over the course of owning the truck brand new for just over a year now, and the check engine light will come on and resolve itself after a day or so of driving, I think its after three restarts the check engine light will reset itself.

shouldn't be a problem, if it comes back, take it to the dealer. If you already have the appointment the diagnostics shouldn't take long.

7 hours ago, Jmoss17 said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve searched these forums and have seen a number of people experiencing ESC/power steering/braking issues. But I have a question regarding my specific situation. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Drove to work yesterday morning, woke up to about 8 inches of unplowed snow (EARLY snowfall up here in Alaska). Truck performed fine, but during my commute the ESC light illuminated on the dash and the words “Service ESC” popped up on the display within the dash. Troubleshot the vehicle when I got to work with no resolution. This morning, the warnings stayed illuminated as I drove my truck. While I was on my way home from the store, the warnings went away, and the ESC light on the dash turned off as well. The vehicle seems to perform fine and currently displays no issues.

My question:  Can a problem like this just fix itself? I had a similar event with the check engine light last summer where it seems to have just self resolved. 

What do you all think? I have an appointment with the dealer in October. Wondering if it’s worth my time to take it to them if I’m no longer receiving warnings. 

Thanks for your time and input!

Try this thread for answers.