Front end rebuild

2004 Silverado Z71 4wd ext. cab. I’m having more and more popping and an occasional clunking sound coming from front end. Sometimes I can feel it in the column. It doesn’t necessarily make the noise when turning, it’s just random. I’ve jacked up the front and tried moving parts including the steering shafts and had wife turn the wheel as I watched every part move and saw nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing damaged was the boot slit all the way around on drivers side inner tie rod. I have almost 200,000 miles on the body so maybe time to change some parts. My question is, “What are good parts to get and where”? There’s a million places that sell what I need but I don’t want junk. Only want to do this  once.

4 hours ago, buddyo said:

2004 Silverado Z71 4wd ext. cab. I’m having more and more popping and an occasional clunking sound coming from front end. Sometimes I can feel it in the column. It doesn’t necessarily make the noise when turning, it’s just random. I’ve jacked up the front and tried moving parts including the steering shafts and had wife turn the wheel as I watched every part move and saw nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing damaged was the boot slit all the way around on drivers side inner tie rod. I have almost 200,000 miles on the body so maybe time to change some parts. My question is, “What are good parts to get and where”? There’s a million places that sell what I need but I don’t want junk. Only want to do this  once.

GM Original Equipment or ACDelco Professional/Gold when OE is not an option.

Moog CK Series is ACDelco Professional in many cases.  Moog RK Series is for when you want to sell the car next week and don't care who gets it or are broke.